I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leadgolem said:
Wow, didn't realize that would be a problem. I didn't buy any ammo on purpose. If I had ammo I would be tempted to pull it out and play with it before I've going through safety.
It can be. I actually just searched the Googles and in some places it is becoming available again. A month ago you wouldn't have found any.
BobbiLynn said:
Yikes! Are we troll shooting tonight? I can stake out the north end with my .22 rifle, you guys check the east and west sides. I think the south end is so full of brush, no one can get it. All ready?

Are we expecting an attack?
An attack is imminent.
Leadgolem said:
Troll hunting. :D

Not really, I just made use of the forum blocklist feature for the first time.
Ooh who didja block? I haven't blocked anyone, mostly because the really annoying people are such a spectacular of stupidity it becomes a guilty pleasure watching them post.
BobbiLynn said:
We can call ourselves "Troll Patrol". Any intel on the direction the attack is supposed to be coming from?

Put down your weapons!! I'm pretty sure it's a false alarm!
Too late. I already called these guys up, and they mean business.

image-4072302129.jpg

I've been feeling kinda like this the last couple days.

Sorta detached, nothing really seems to be able to bother me very much.

I see nothing wrong with detaching when you must detach. Get away, if only in your own mind.

It can be. I actually just searched the Googles and in some places it is becoming available again. A month ago you wouldn't have found any.
Interesting. What caused that anyway?

Ooh who didja block? I haven't blocked anyone, mostly because the really annoying people are such a spectacular of stupidity it becomes a guilty pleasure watching them post.
I'd rather not say, I don't have any desire to feed the trolls.
Sounds like you need to hit the reset button. You live in CO, that shouldn't be a problem :rolleyes:
I'll be fine on my own. Been here, done this before.
I see nothing wrong with detaching when you must detach. Get away, if only in your own mind.
I suppose the problem is that I don't have much control over this particular state of mind. I didn't choose to detach, I just woke up one morning feeling this way.

There are good points to being detached like this. No matter what happens, you respond logically. My emotions just seem to be taking a nap again. They'll wake up on there own, eventually.

I suppose the problem is that I don't have much control over this particular state of mind. I didn't choose to detach, I just woke up one morning feeling this way.

There are good points to being detached like this. No matter what happens, you respond logically. My emotions just seem to be taking a nap again. They'll wake up on there own, eventually.

Yes, yes, and yes to the good points about it. As far as not choosing, for me I feel like it's my body responding automatically, self-preservation. Think, step back, think...

Yes, yes, and yes to the good points about it. As far as not choosing, for me I feel like it's my body responding automatically, self-preservation. Think, step back, think...
It was for me originally. About two years ago I went through the most unpleasant time of my life. I won't discuss it, but I discovered my emotions have a kind of circuit breaker in them. The only problem is, sometimes the thing trips for no apparent reason now.

All will be well though, like I said, it's happened before.

I just broke all the rules and lit up a smoke in my craft room, which is inside!! NO SMOKING INSIDE! Screw it, I'm smoking inside. A total rebel, we need some music. Will try to find something suitable...

A put a towel beneath the door, opened window and fan on high, will that work?

Leadgolem said:
Interesting. What caused that anyway?

I think it was a combination of an ammo grab, and I think the gov uses massive amounts of .22LR for training as it is.

...my emotions have a kind of circuit breaker in them. The only problem is, sometimes the thing trips for no apparent reason now.

Happens to the best of us. Reason might not be apparent now, but you have gathered experience, can just tell when trouble is brewing, step away, think...

Leadgolem said:
It was for me originally. About two years ago I went through the most unpleasant time of my life. I won't discuss it, but I discovered my emotions have a kind of circuit breaker in them. The only problem is, sometimes the thing trips for no apparent reason now.

I don't think I have experienced what you are exactly, but I do have a lack of certain emotions. I am well in touch with humor and am a happy person, but sadness is an impossible thing for me. It sounds good, but really it's not. I have had terrible things happen in my life, and observed them with near indifference. I CANNOT cry. I know men aren't supposed to or whatever, but I have several friends who cry when someone dies, or when something really good happens, and I can't do it. It seems like a great release. I can't even remember crying as a child.

I don't think I have experienced what you are exactly, but I do have a lack of certain emotions. I am well in touch with humor and am a happy person, but sadness is an impossible thing for me. It sounds good, but really it's not. I have had terrible things happen in my life, and observed them with near indifference. I CANNOT cry. I know men aren't supposed to or whatever, but I have several friends who cry when someone dies, or when something really good happens, and I can't do it. It seems like a great release. I can't even remember crying as a child.
I hope you never do. You are pretty much describing how I was prior to that experience.

I really wish my local possible brew buddies were old, fat and ugly. Because when they are 10 years my junior and looking good, hubby says no. Hubby says "He's not coming over to spend the day with you!" End of conversation. :(

Great looking gun! Except.. Did you make sure you were able to buy .22LR? It's rarer than hens teeth lately. My local ammo shop says they may be able to get it again NEXT YEAR.
Not a joke? It's on sale at Bass Pro here. They've got a Remington semiautomatic rifle for like $170 I've been considering picking up just so I have a plinker.

Sounds like depression (perhaps "cyclothymia") tbh

bottlebomber said:

I understand this. We have a new EMT, just started last night. She was asking about bad calls and how hard it was on us. I just shrugged. It sucks sometimes. It's a disconnect that I don't know is a good thing.

I understand this. We have a new EMT, just started last night. She was asking about bad calls and how hard it was on us. I just shrugged. It sucks sometimes. It's a disconnect that I don't know is a good thing.

That kind of disconnect is important. It allows you to do the job without immediately burning out.

...Sounds like depression (perhaps "cyclothymia") tbh
I doubt it's cyclothymia, the duration is to short. Not more then a couple months max. Usually only a few days.

Then again, you do think to much. You could be right about the depression.

BobbiLynn said:
I really wish my local possible brew buddies were old, fat and ugly. Because when they are 10 years my junior and looking good, hubby says no. Hubby says "He's not coming over to spend the day with you!" End of conversation. :(
Realistically though, affairs seem to have little to do with looks and more to do with circumstances. Still gotta listen to the husband I suppose
emjay said:
Not a joke? It's on sale at Bass Pro here.

Far from joking. There's not one place in town that has it right now, nor .223. .22 mag is available, but that's a totally different round.

Weird night for me

I met a young gal and her boyfriend who was a great couple. Pretty much on beer and cigar night the only folks who show up are my age group but for some reason this couple who I do not know showed up tonight.

Twas weird to me but I enjoyed talking to them. Kind of hope they hang around some

Always nice meeting new people, v-man.

Kashi 7 whole grain cereal, cinnamon harvest.... bought it for hubby but he says it's too much fiber. So I'm turning it into beer today, along with some 2-row, 1/4 of it roasted. We'll see what happens.

I will tell hubby that affairs have nothing to do with how the guy looks, tell him, heck, look in the mirror, I'd screw anyone!!! :tank:

LOL heck Bobbi is there nothing you will not turn into beer.

Sigh it snowed a little but the wind is just howling and I am pretty much snowed in for a bit. Would not be bad but I really do not want to go out and scrape the driveway today. I am thinking it is a good day to sit around the fire and bake bread or something :rockin:

After brewing the same old extract kits for 4 years, following every instruction to a T, then finding this site. I have been set free with reckless abandonment!! Cinnamon is so strong, makes me sneeze when I open the lid on the kettle. I had cinnamon cole slaw once and I'm sure cinnamon beer will be better than that. :)

Hi all... what the hell happend with the supporting member sign below the avatar? is that new? I´ve seen some non-premium avatars also? Or should I stop drinking anti-freeze?

I am soaking wet trying to keep a boil and not boil over in the rain, keep turning up the propane to compensate. Aack, still 40 minutes left on the boil for the kashi brew!

For some reason I have been following this girl's music since her audition on that show years ago. Not my kind of music, but I like her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, it's weird. Somtimes I'll have a week or so where there's not much going on out in the forum that I'm really into and then..BAM..I'll hit a day or two where I feel like a crack fiend every time I hit the my replies button. I could be wrong about that though, I've never smoked crack. But if I did, I guess I'd listen to this :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of crack heads, I have a crack head friend and he seems like a nice guy. We are like telephone friends, he lives in South Florida, I live in North Florida. And he doesn't know exactly where I live. I met him in the elevator at the hospital. I was getting on the elevator at the ground floor(parking garage) and I was crying. He came hopping onto the elevator as the doors were starting to close. Came running toward it. I held the door, what floor, 5? okay, I'm going to 7. He looked at me, saw me crying and starting balling himself, a tattooed young guy with metal things stuck through his face. While he was outside smoking, he got word his g/f had stopped breathing, she ended up dying, drug overdose. The elevator stopped at every friggin' floor and we kind of huddled together in the back of the elevator, kind of hugging and kind of patting each other on the back. Saw him again later and asked could I call him in a few days to check on him. He said something about pen and paper and I said, no, I'll remember, just tell me. I am good at remembering numbers and lines of code. Anyway, I called him about 5 days later and he was doing okay. Not great. But I didn't say much on the phone and let him talk. He's 34, can't really read or write and he's a self-admitted crack head. 2 weeks after I called him, he called me, now it's been going back and forth where we talk every couple of weeks. :eek:

Back