I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang I hate you tube. I have no idea how I got to this place in you tube but I could not stop watching it

The look on his face when he says garden of your mind, kind of scary. I know about the deep dark corners of youtube and often wonder how I ended up there.

I could not stop watching it. Completely and thoroughly mesmerizing.

So who brewed today? I just counted my empty bottles and I have enough to bottle a batch. Might wait a week or two before I brew again though since I have a ton of beer in the pipeline

BobbiLynn said:
Hubby doesn't like me skinny either, when he was healthy and cooking all the time, I was 20 pound heavier. Just can't seem to cook for myself like that. And I'm pretty tall so harder to keep weight on. I am deep in thought now... if I were too fat and he kept saying you are too fat, that would upset me like it does the fat people on TV, like that show biggest loser. I can relate, but the opposite and sometimes it's worse. At a restaurant with family all sitting around the table, I have gotten laughed at and berated for being too thin. Everyone thinks it's a big joke to pass me the bread and butter. If I were too fat would they laugh about not passing me the bread and butter? I eat plenty, just can't sit still long enough for it to add up!

Being teased about size is not fun. I was very thin as a child and at times as an adult. I guess people think it's not possible, or something. But hey, at least you get offered food! Some of it must be good :)

opus345 said:
I'm 5'9" and weighted 250 a couple years ago. I was in for a physical with my new internal medicine doc and after getting my height and weight, he asks me to join him at the "chart of doom" (his words) hanging the wall. As I walk over, I told him that I was working on dropping the weight and that I figured my end goal should be 200 lbs. He traces my height on the vertical and my weight on the horizontal and his fingers intersect at 168 lbs.....I looked at him and said, "No way in hell doc! The chart is broken."

The charts are broken. They said my teenage, no visible fat son was overweight, while my old, flabby self was okay. One look will tell the true story.

That's pretty trippy V-man. I can picture that being played during orientation at the loony bin.

Trying to get an early start on my Monday morning work, so I can sleep in tomorrow if I want. Work email, shipping orders(art CDs)...

Today was the first day in 4 days that I did not brew.

They had western style ribs (country style) on sale this week here. Screw McDonalds, I'm lovin this. :ban: I've been baking them in BBQ sauce and water until they fall apart. I got a bunch thinking I would freeze some, but I don't think they're gonna make it to the freezer. I should go back and get some more though so I'll be ready to fire up the smoker grill when the cold weather breaks. Been hoarding some steak for that purpose as well. I'm so spoiled on the smoke flavor that I don't even really like cooking on the gas grill anymore. Camp fire is the next best thing. Can't wait for that either. Nice warm fire on a cool evening after a long day of fishing and some meat burning on the tripod.......but first I gotta dig up my Dad's water main, ugh :(

They had western style ribs (country style) on sale this week here. Screw McDonalds, I'm lovin this. :ban: I've been baking them in BBQ sauce and water until they fall apart. I got a bunch thinking I would freeze some, but I don't think they're gonna make it to the freezer. I should go back and get some more though so I'll be ready to fire up the smoker grill when the cold weather breaks. Been hoarding some steak for that purpose as well. I'm so spoiled on the smoke flavor that I don't even really like cooking on the gas grill anymore. Camp fire is the next best thing. Can't wait for that either. Nice warm fire on a cool evening after a long day of fishing and some meat burning on the tripod.......but first I gotta dig up my Dad's water main, ugh :(

I love to pull some coals out of the fire while up camping and cook over them. A nice fat steak over open coals cooking away while drinking beer up in the hills. Nope life just does not get any better than that :D

Already got through email, that was easy. So, back to beer. Oregano beer? A garden fresh brew. Like smelling a delicious bowl of spaghetti or a slice of pizza while you drink it.

Speaking of crack heads, I have a crack head friend and he seems like a nice guy. We are like telephone friends, he lives in South Florida, I live in North Florida. And he doesn't know exactly where I live. I met him in the elevator at the hospital. I was getting on the elevator at the ground floor(parking garage) and I was crying. He came hopping onto the elevator as the doors were starting to close. Came running toward it. I held the door, what floor, 5? okay, I'm going to 7. He looked at me, saw me crying and starting balling himself, a tattooed young guy with metal things stuck through his face. While he was outside smoking, he got word his g/f had stopped breathing, she ended up dying, drug overdose. The elevator stopped at every friggin' floor and we kind of huddled together in the back of the elevator, kind of hugging and kind of patting each other on the back. Saw him again later and asked could I call him in a few days to check on him. He said something about pen and paper and I said, no, I'll remember, just tell me. I am good at remembering numbers and lines of code. Anyway, I called him about 5 days later and he was doing okay. Not great. But I didn't say much on the phone and let him talk. He's 34, can't really read or write and he's a self-admitted crack head. 2 weeks after I called him, he called me, now it's been going back and forth where we talk every couple of weeks. :eek:

BobbiLynn, whenever I think you can't get any weirder, you always prove me wrong. That's a compliment by the way. I was thinking your hubby was being silly about not wanting you to hang out with other guys, but maybe he's got more sense than you do. :D

I love to pull some coals out of the fire while up camping and cook over them. A nice fat steak over open coals cooking away while drinking beer up in the hills. Nope life just does not get any better than that :D

Idaho Falls is a good haul from my favorite part of the state, but your post still remonds me I've been kinda homesick lately. Lived in Latah county of and on for the better part of a decade and spent a lot of good weekends (and weekdays) on the water and camping by rivers. Don't much care for where I grew up and Idaho will always be the place I think of as home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idaho Falls is a good haul from my favorite part of the state, but your post still remonds me I've been kinda homesick lately. Lived in Latah county of and on for the better part of a decade and spent a lot of good weekends (and weekdays) on the water and camping by rivers. Don't much care for where I grew up and Idaho will always be the place I think of as home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5RIyvTpAQ

I joined the Army and traveled the world but I tell you nothing felt better than that last flight coming home. I love living in Idaho for the hunting and camping.

I joined the Army and traveled the world but I tell you nothing felt better than that last flight coming home. I love living in Idaho for the hunting and camping.

And the whitewater, steelhead, and especially the hot springs!

BobbiLynn, whenever I think you can't get any weirder, you always prove me wrong. That's a compliment by the way. I was thinking your hubby was being silly about not wanting you to hang out with other guys, but maybe he's got more sense than you do. :D

Oh, thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. :eek:

I wasn't going to invite my crack head friend over. And even though he has asked, I have not told him exactly where I live, even kind of lied about it. I'm thinking if my nephew comes over to brew too, then I can invite the guy about his age. My nephew needs to make friends and this guy is shy like him. Well, until you get him talking about beer. Will try to make plans. I'm stockpiling possible ingredients and would be fun for friends to help out choosing what to mix up. Might even order more stuff tonight. Must brew more beer. Must get help brewing more beer.

Anyone else think we should all send BL at least a 6er ea of homebrew? I was going to try and be sneaky about it, but I'm bad at surprises.

Varmintman said:
I could not stop watching it. Completely and thoroughly mesmerizing.

So who brewed today? I just counted my empty bottles and I have enough to bottle a batch. Might wait a week or two before I brew again though since I have a ton of beer in the pipeline

I did yesterday. A little black IPA, with a pound of hops :drunk:

image-728062043.jpg

Ummm, don't forget the cobbler the dutch oven under the coals. Cherry, peach, blueberry, yummm.

Ummm, don't forget the cobbler the dutch oven under the coals. Cherry, peach, blueberry, yummm.

Oh yeah my wife takes care of that. And while I am running the generator to charge the batteries my kid fires up the ice cream maker and makes some ice cream.

Best part though is sitting round the fire after the kids have gone to bed smoking and joking with good friends.

Oh yeah my wife takes care of that. And while I am running the generator to charge the batteries my kid fires up the ice cream maker and makes some ice cream.

Best part though is sitting round the fire after the kids have gone to bed smoking and joking with good friends.

Ever make it up by Riggins? The white sand beaches on the Salmon up there make for some great car camping. No place like Idaho county, it's bigger than a couple states on the east coast.

I lured my know wife out there for a trip down the Middle Fork. On the way, my van broke down 20 miles from anywhere up the Little Salmon, then a raft flipped less than 5 miles into the trip, and now we're married. I think like most people who love me, she's got a soft spot for wounded animals. :drunk:

Just headed off to the start of another work week. I wanted to post something thoughtful, meaningful and provocative but I got nothing. So you get this instead.

Ever make it up by Riggins? The white sand beaches on the Salmon up there make for some great car camping. No place like Idaho county, it's bigger than a couple states on the east coast.

I lured my know wife out there for a trip down the Middle Fork. On the way, my van broke down 20 miles from anywhere up the Little Salmon, then a raft flipped less than 5 miles into the trip, and now we're married. I think like most people who love me, she's got a soft spot for wounded animals. :drunk:

Been all over salmon area. Went fishing a couple of times up there as well. Guys were catching fish right and left and I was getting no bites at all and they could not figure it out till a fish and game warden showed up and wanted to see my license. I smugly told him I did not need a stinking license and he then asked if that was my pole to which I said well it is in my hand right.

He might have been getting a little jumpy at that point so I reeled in my line and showed him I had a bolt tied to the end and no hook. I just wanted to sit on the bank and drink beer.

I was in Yellowstone once fishing and got in some trouble though. You make a noose in the fishing line and then put the circle around a ground squirrels hole and then put a bit of lettuce by the hole and wait for the squirrel to stick his head up and get the lettuce. Tons of fun but oh boy they frown on doing that

Varmintman said:
Sheesh BB. Most hops I have used has been 3 ounces on a porter. I thought that was crazy....Tasty but crazy
This is going to be super tasty. The wort smelled like bubblegum. You must not be big on IPAs I take it.. I've been brewing a lot lately trying to build up a good stock to get me through the summer. My schedule is looking unpredictable and I don't want to be running out of beer. Nobody needs that in their lives ;)

opus345 said:

Sounds delicious. I was going to make an apple pie tonight, but fell a little behind. Got as far as making to dough for the crust and got it chilling, and when I did the math I found out nobody was going to be having pie before 10pm so it can wait till tomorrow. The dough will be nicely rested by then.

I was in Yellowstone once fishing and got in some trouble though. You make a noose in the fishing line and then put the circle around a ground squirrels hole and then put a bit of lettuce by the hole and wait for the squirrel to stick his head up and get the lettuce. Tons of fun but oh boy they frown on doing that

We should get together sometime to catch squirrels. Sounds like fun! But, our squirrels all live in the trees. Little nooses near the bottom of the trees?

We should get together sometime to catch squirrels. Sounds like fun! But, our squirrels all live in the trees. Little nooses near the bottom of the trees?

Have to think about that one I guess. Cool thing about doing it is you can eat them when you are done playing with them

Have to think about that one I guess. Cool thing about doing it is you can eat them when you are done playing with them

My dog loves squirrel and rice and I like the legs. Dark meat but not fatty.

Did you know that bigfoots are like fiddler crabs? One big foot and that's why they aren't called bigfeet. Also why they seem to walk crooked.

And they go in circles since one foot is bigger than the other. Some think that is why they never evolved going in circles all the time.

Man I guess I should get off my butt and go and bottle. Boiled my hoses and sanitized stuff so I suppose I should go and pour a beer and get going

And they go in circles since one foot is bigger than the other. Some think that is why they never evolved going in circles all the time.

Man I guess I should get off my butt and go and bottle. Boiled my hoses and sanitized stuff so I suppose I should go and pour a beer and get going

Do it! I'm bottling 2nd batch today before bed. Think that's 4 or 5 bottled this week...

...If it ends up tasting half as good as it smelled brewing, I'll be happy. Tasted a couple spoonfuls of wort and it was delicious. It's bubbling like mad right now. Cinnamon flavor was really strong, but I imagine it will tame down over time.
The "spiciness" of the cinnamon will decrease. Once the cinnamon particles drop out of solution the apparent cinnamon flavor will decrease a reasonable amount. Further aging after that doesn't really alter the cinnamon flavor, the aroma does drop after a while though.

My back and neck hurts, speaking of hurting. Bruises on my arms just on the inside above my elbows, the lower portion of biceps. From trying to carry things I have no business trying to carry. Stoop down, grab it, lift with your legs, not your back. It's digging into my skin, can't hardly lift it. Now walk with it, don't fall, balance the weight. Stoop down with legs to set it down. Ouch!!! I'm down to about 115 pounds right now but working on that. Told hubby last night all proud, look, I got some fat growing back in my butt. He said that's not fat. Said if I think I'm fat, I have serious mental problems. But I do think I gained a few pounds since my last doctor visit and looking more curvy. He thinks I'm delusional if I think that. :mad:
Speaking of weight and moving heavy objects. I was 305 the last time I weighed, and I'm 6'. Yup, I'm fat. People do tease me about it sometimes, I just ignore it. Once they see me do something, like when I carried my old cast iron tub out of my house without assistance, they usually shut up. :)

...l really need to work on the drinking instead of the brewing for awhile :tank:
Yeah, me too. I enjoy the making almost as much as the drinking. You don't have do the making very often to be able to do a lot of drinking though. :tank:

Hubby doesn't like me skinny either, when he was healthy and cooking all the time, I was 20 pound heavier. Just can't seem to cook for myself like that. And I'm pretty tall so harder to keep weight on. I am deep in thought now... if I were too fat and he kept saying you are too fat, that would upset me like it does the fat people on TV, like that show biggest loser. I can relate, but the opposite and sometimes it's worse. At a restaurant with family all sitting around the table, I have gotten laughed at and berated for being too thin. Everyone thinks it's a big joke to pass me the bread and butter. If I were too fat would they laugh about not passing me the bread and butter? I eat plenty, just can't sit still long enough for it to add up!
It's always rude to tease someone about their weight.

Dang I hate you tube. I have no idea how I got to this place in you tube but I could not stop watching it
That is both creepy and hypnotic... A little like this. This video really is horrible, but it's not bad enough to give you nightmares.

Being teased about size is not fun. I was very thin as a child and at times as an adult. I guess people think it's not possible, or something. But hey, at least you get offered food! Some of it must be good :)

The charts are broken. They said my teenage, no visible fat son was overweight, while my old, flabby self was okay. One look will tell the true story.
They measure life with a ruler and a bathroom scale. That makes me feel sorry for them.

Or, as a big old Russian guy I knew briefly said once, "If you can carry own weight, and weight of man weighing you, then man doing the weighing had best to shut up."

Or, as a big old Russian guy I knew briefly said once, "If you can carry own weight, and weight of man weighing you, then man doing the weighing had best to shut up."

Oh heck yes a awesome quote :ban:

Just because I could I took a few photos bottling tonight. First one is my umm bottling bucket second one is my bottling tree and the third one is a burned finger. And no I have no clue how I burned it or even when. I simply do not feel my fingers anymore :p

forum 002.jpg

forum 003.jpg

forum 004.jpg

Oh, so I've been missing the burned finger part of the bottling setup. I wonder why no one mentioned it?

Honestly though, that doesn't look good.

I did it sometime during my last brewing session a week ago. The starsan kind of made it look worse than it is though. Stupid nueropothy though sucks. I broke my foot last year and and had no clue until I took my boots off that night.

Back