I do not care for _ _ _ _ _

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used soap. Zest to be precise. i"d let it sit in a sink of water for a few minutes and rub the slime in my mohawk and comb it up. it would last for days, smelled decent, and washed out clean leaving soft hair behind.

edit: pic(s) only ones I really have of the mohawk.

I used Knox gelatin. Dont have any pictures, but 14" liberty spikes takes some work. I have thick hair. Better hope you have a patient girlfriend.

On topic,I do not care for rusty steel, pop country music, lazy coworkers, and senile bosses. All of which I will be dealing with tomorrow.

Tooth extractions. I have a relatively high tolerance for pain but this was ridiculous.

brutha, I know the pain. by the time the dentist got around to my canine tooth, the Novocaine was wearing off and it took him over 1/2 an hour of dedicated pulling to get that one out. I hope they gave you something decent for the pain.

My dentist is a great guy, and a fantastic dentist, but I want you to picture this... I tell him the tooth that had the botched crown years ago is killing me, I cant sleep, cant eat. He takes another look at the x-ray and confirms. "James, the infection under the tooth is serious. The tooth has to come out." He could have told me he had to shoot me in the thigh and I would have agreed at that point.

4000 shots of novacane. My face feels like a pincushion today after all that. He grabs what looks like linoleum printmaking tools and goes to work twisting and turning. I'm used to him being gentle as a soap bubble so I mumble out loud "oooouch!"

Now picture a thick Russian accent from a very quiet man. "James, I need to warn you that the infected area is not going to respond well to anesthesia. You are going to feel some pain because we are saving as much bone as possible for a possible implant later."

I'm suddenly wondering if I might not be a Christian after all...

Twisting continues and I am in a flop sweat. What feels like an eon later, the bastard comes out. I kept it in an envelope... its nasty looking. I start to thank him and undo my little paper bib. "No. I am sorry. We have to get the infection out."

Sweet merciful God.

He pulls out what looks like the world's smallest series of spatulas and starts scraping inside the socket left behind.

I fainted for a few seconds, no lie, and when I came to he was still going.

I actually asked if I could leave now. "I just need to do the stitches, you did great"

My wife bundles me into the car, we have the windows open so I dont pass out, and when we get back to the house she breaks some more bad news. "James I almost passed out in the doctor's office, I have I have a serious fever."

Turns out she has strep.

My dentist is a great guy, and a fantastic dentist, but I want you to picture this... I tell him the tooth that had the botched crown years ago is killing me, I cant sleep, cant eat. He takes another look at the x-ray and confirms. "James, the infection under the tooth is serious. The tooth has to come out." He could have told me he had to shoot me in the thigh and I would have agreed at that point.

4000 shots of novacane. My face feels like a pincushion today after all that. He grabs what looks like linoleum printmaking tools and goes to work twisting and turning. I'm used to him being gentle as a soap bubble so I mumble out loud "oooouch!"

Now picture a thick Russian accent from a very quiet man. "James, I need to warn you that the infected area is not going to respond well to anesthesia. You are going to feel some pain because we are saving as much bone as possible for a possible implant later."

Twisting continues and I am in a flop sweat. What feels like an eon later, the bastard comes out. I kept it in an envelope... its nasty looking. I start to thank him and undo my little paper bib. "No. I am sorry. We have to get the infection out."

Sweet merciful God.

He pulls out what looks like the world's smallest series of spatulas and starts scraping inside the socket left behind.

I actually asked if I could leave now. "I just need to do the stitches, you did great"

My wife bundles me into the car, we have the windows open so I dont pass out, and when we get back to the house she breaks some more bad news. "James I almost passed out in the doctor's office, I have I have a serious fever."

Turns out she has strep.

I do not care for ^^^ either. Get well both of you.

Sweet merciful God.

Turns out she has strep.

2014 I had to have two removals. I'm pretty tough, I don't mind pain (tattoos, operations in youth, etc) but I've had dentist not offer pain meds. One told me "If you need that you'll need to go to another dentist" which I did and his response?

"They didn't give you pain killers? That's insane! This is incredibly painful.".

Same Doc left some of the tooth in during the next extraction that got all inflamed and puss ridden. Go me!

I hope you get to feeling better man. You and your wife. When you're both down for the count it's hard to keep things going. Get a pic of that tooth. I want to turn away in horror from my monitor and blurt out "DAMN!" at the top of my lungs.

Oh, and just to confirm, I still don't like anything. Hatters gonna hat.

hatters.jpg

Developments with faux-European names ("Shoppes of _____", "Centre of _____").

Ooh look, Petsmart, Subway and a nail salon. How very worldly!

farting in my hand, then smelling it before I throw the fart at someone.

AKA "the ninja bomb" as we call it in my neck of the woods... Ha ha.

I don't care much to be a recipient of a ninja bomb.

farting in my hand, then smelling it before I throw the fart at someone.

Known as cupcaking in my neck of the woods. As in you ask someone if they would like a cupcake and then do it. I've seen it done once since I was a 7. And by seen I mean I did it. To a guy called Chad. Hilarious.

Developments with faux-European names ("Shoppes of _____", "Centre of _____").

Ooh look, Petsmart, Subway and a nail salon. How very worldly!

F'n'a. What's up with that? I was brought up to despise Europe.What happened to that?

F'n'a. What's up with that? I was brought up to despise Europe.What happened to that?

Then there's the subdivision names: Terraces of Ridgemont Glen Trails. The Estates At CreeksideForestRiverMeadowWhateverTheFlocc. Gag.

Also, living in Kentucky, every county must have 3 subdivisions with a horse-racing theme. Fact.

Sweet merciful God.

Turns out she has strep.

you guys are troopers for sure!

People who can't laugh at themselves.

Work.

Bills.

Children.

Teenagers.

College students.

Millennials.

People who group me in with millenials.

Hippies.

Let's just say people in general.

Foodies.

Doing dishes.

Cleaning.

What else can I hate on?

Drama. People that create drama. Those that jump into drama. Anyone that enjoys watching drama.

I don't like drama. Life is short. We should only speak good things, repeat good things, celebrate good things, do good things, create good things, and above all....drink good things.

Sweet merciful God.

Turns out she has strep.

Damn! Talk about the double whammy! Hope you & the missus are on the mend & Jr avoids the strep.
Regards, GF.

Here's the bastard. Notice the strata of disgusting?
that is a solid root on that tooth.

Work.

Bills.

Children.

Teenagers.

College students.

Millennials.

Hippies.

Foodies.

Doing dishes.

Cleaning.

What else can I hate on?

it's easier and faster for me to list the things I don't hate on. but one thing that sends me in a rage is when people act like they really know me as a person and say stupid crap like, "I was just like you." that's usually from the stereotypical arrogant born-again/AA types.

Then there's the subdivision names: Terraces of Ridgemont Glen Trails. The Estates At CreeksideForestRiverMeadowWhateverTheFlocc. Gag.

Also, living in Kentucky, every county must have 3 subdivisions with a horse-racing theme. Fact.

In Texas it's all about stating the obvious. ___ on the River. River Apartments. College Inn. Decide two things you're close to. That's where you live now.

Here's the bastard. Notice the strata of disgusting?

Damn. Feeling any better yet?

Work.

Bills.

Children.

Teenagers.

College students.

Millennials.

Hippies.

Foodies.

Doing dishes.

Cleaning.

What else can I hate on?

You're on that tail end of the millenials too? We do share some commonality with them, but unlike them we're all bitter and sarcastic.

When I speak to people under 25 or over 35 I have to slow down, not be so...mean, and really try to be overly sincere so they don't get their feelings hurt.

It's cool. We didn't all grow up with Peewee's Playhouse (Go back and watch a couple of episodes if you haven't.), MST3K, Evenings, weekends, and any time we were home for breaks forced outdoors so our parents could ignore us.

Where's my kid at in the evening? No clue. I'm busy.

Spilling coffee on my keyboard. Apparently, neither does the keyboar;ll;nmgl;nmg;nml;dsfkg;kdfgl;ksdl;fgkl;sdfkgl;sjdkljg;sdkf;lgs;ldfgklsdkfg;ks;dfkg;lskdf;gks;fk;gks;kf;gks;fkg;skdf;kg

Well folks... I caught the sore throat from the wife.

Luckily I was already on antibiotics so I think I'm at the tail end.

My son must think his mommy and daddy have been auditioning for a gritty reboot of M*A*S*H* because we have been wearing surgeons masks around him for the past 2 days.

My son must think his mommy and daddy have been auditioning for a gritty reboot of M*A*S*H* because we have been wearing surgeons masks around him for the past 2 days.

I do not care for this at all.

I am happy to hear that you're feeling better.

I do not care for this at all.

I am happy to hear that you're feeling better.

I care about M*A*S*H the movie, but not the TV show.

Back