Howdy and a warning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuligin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All! I've been brewing on and off for the last 30ish years. Got two brew systems. A 10 gallon system fronted with a bunch of computer controlled valves and solenoids and a Robobrew.

Now the warning... Make sure your guest understand that a flow control faucet still needs to have the tap handle pushed back. Twisting that lever only slows the flow. It will still drain overnight. Yeah. New beer no more. I had a glass of it....

Ouch.

When I have a keg of root beer for the kids, I use a special tap handle that has a screw eye in the back that I bungie cord the crap out of to always pull that sucker back.

But I also have a giant puddle sized discolored splotch on the porch carpet from a time before I bungied the root beer tap handle...

Now the warning... Make sure your guest understand that a flow control faucet still needs to have the tap handle pushed back. Twisting that lever only slows the flow. It will still drain overnight. Yeah. New beer no more. I had a glass of it....

Welcome! And sorry to hear that awful situation! As an alternative... always monitor your guests or pour for them. :)

Rev.

Yikes. Keep the guests away from the taps. Can you do a lockout/tagout thing? ;)

loto.jpg

Back