How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I actually thought this one got locked up. Surprised it didn't.

But if it did, and it got unlocked again, it would only make me that much closer to confirming my suspicion that Mr. Oak was just a pseudonym of a mod or longtime user having some fun. It was just way too hard to believe that was an actual person.

Then again, that disbelief comes to me almost daily on the Trump thread.

Nope #GaryOakLives is right in line with how ignorant many people are out here on the US west coast. I will not enter the trump thread however he falls right in line with all the crap reality TV shows people kill brain cells watching.

As a consumer of a variety of reality TV shows, I'm curious: Are there any reality TV shows that you don't consider to be "crap?"

Fair point kombat there are lots of shows that are reality based and not brain cell killers. Sports, news, history, science channels and the like can unfairly be called "reality TV".

Do I watch Top Gear, yes and the producers do not hide they are up to no good. I guess some may want to call it reality tv IMO that is a stretch.
https://youtu.be/n5xd97HeY70?t=2m59s

The shows that are scripted, partially scripted or the producers create the drama and marketed as their lives are what I was thinking of. Bachelorett/Bachelor, American Idol, Survivor, Kardashians (where is the puking emoji?). I only call them brain cell killers since sadly in the area I live, probably 50% of the people I interact with do believe anything on TV and the internet.

No intended offense to any one who enjoys watching those shows for face value.

YOU'RE GOING TO KILL SOMEBODY!!!!1!1

*smashing booze bottles*

GIF_gordon_ramsay_idiot_sandwich.gif

The shows that are scripted, partially scripted or the producers create the drama and marketed as their lives are what I was thinking of. Bachelorett/Bachelor, American Idol, Survivor, Kardashians (where is the puking emoji?). I only call them brain cell killers since sadly in the area I live, probably 50% of the people I interact with do believe anything on TV and the internet.

barfing.gif
vomiting.gif
throwing-up.gif
smileys-vomiting.gif
vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

Maybe someday Dan Brown (author of the Da Vinci Code) will parse the words of Gary_Oak's original post. Why did he capitalize Hops and Barley, and not recognize that water is the main ingredient of beer? How can "fermenting babies" not be deeply symbolic? How much time did he wander in the wilderness after being banished? And he is the reincarnation of _____?

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Looking back through this thread, Gary was 19 in May of 2015. So he can legally brew now.

Gary, come back! We wish to hear about all the wonderful brews you've made now that you're legal!

No self quoting
*reported to a really mean heavy hammer wielding mod.*
(Thor probably)

Thor hasn't been attending our meetings. Or, did I get a new nickname? :D

Brew on :mug:

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor. Thank Odin good will and intentions were part of his spell.

How bout letting us see #4902 then? ;)

Wait is that infamous post in the part of the forum that was supposedly deleted?

Wait is that infamous post in the part of the forum that was supposedly deleted?
Yes it is and it involves kegs from what I hear. @passedpawn my still have it or know where to find it. I don't think he'd ever post it, but I'm willing to see how much money he'd turn down. :D

Maybe he gets email notifications if someone mentions him in a thread...

@Gary_Oak come back!!! We miss you!

I figured it out. Gary has a drunk cat named Fred who hacked his password and now posts here on HBT. Hops are bad for dogs so I assume they are also bad for cats.

Gary’s cat, Fred - is trying to kill the hop industry so he can enjoy True Beer(TM) and not worry about hop poisoning!

Suck it Dan Brown!

Back