Hop combo advice request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom

Reaction score
Planning a ne-ish ipa. 10 gal batch whirlpooled with a bunch of Centennial and el Dorado. Then split to 2 fermenters and dry hopped. I want to dh each with a different 2 hop combo... Here's what i have, what 2 hops should i use in each batch?

Simcoe
Citra
El Dorado
Lemon Drop
Azacca
Loral
Mandarina Bavaria

I would not use Centennial for anything NE. Azacca, El Dorado, Citra, Simcoe, Loral are probably your best choices.

I think Citra and Loral could be a nice combo. El Dorado and Azacca could also work, being that they both are rather fruity.

What flavor combinations do you want? You could pair virtually any two together for a decent NEIPA but you're the one drinking them.

I would not use Centennial for anything NE. Azacca, El Dorado, Citra, Simcoe, Loral are probably your best choices.

I think Citra and Loral could be a nice combo. El Dorado and Azacca could also work, being that they both are rather fruity.
Centennial on the hot side only, and I'm only going ne-ish on this one

What flavor combinations do you want? You could pair virtually any two together for a decent NEIPA but you're the one drinking them.
I'm not really sure... I just always use citra /mosaic and not that i don't like that combo, but looking for something new.

Back