Its been 4 years.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigplunkett

Reaction score
Hey all I've been away for a while and due to work and kids haven't brewed anything but the occasional cider in 4 years. If yall wouldn't mind giving this a look over I'd appreciate it.

I'm gonna try to keep it simple with brew in the bag.

New England IPA
5.5 gal batch biab
10 gallon kettle
Step mash bc brew in the bag for me has about 62 to 65% efficiency with out it
110*f for 20min 142* for 20min 152* for 20min 170*for 10min I'll of course check for starch with iodine before mash out.

6lbs Marris Otter
2.5lbs Flaked wheat
2.5lbs wheat malt
8oz honey malt

45 min boil
.5 oz Magnum 45min 16 to 18 ibu
2 tsp kdap 10 min
Cool to 170*I
2 oz each Citra, Lemon drop, Mandarina Bavaria whirls pool for 20 min
Cool to 80ish probly about as cold as I can get it.

Pitch with 1 paket A#20 citus

OG: 1.060
FG: 1.015
ABV: 5.8%
IBU: 40

I'm gonna have my dry hops susped on the lid of the bucket with a magnet so I don't add any oxidation.
After day 5 I'll dry hop with 2 more oz of each Citra, Lemon drop, Mandarina Bavaria. For 2 days then I'll transfer to a purged keg and keep her at 30psi for 3 days before turning down to 14ish.

I'm gonna see if my store has stuff for water if so I'll get distilled and build a good water profile for the style. Thank you in advance.

I like your hop choice . I like using flaked oats in these styles . Good idea of building up your water profile. I've never tried the magnet trick , but noticed some around here do it . I love a good hazy .

Welcome back. I’be been a mostly-off and on brewer for the last 7 years.

I’m curious about the MO & wheat combo. It’s something I’ve never considered. How does a 60-40 or 50-5 ratio turn out (not necessarily for IPA purposes).

Not much experience with this style or wheat personally but I’d think some oats , maybe some dex but certainly heavy on the chloride addition to water

Latest posts

Back