Hong Kong Wiring Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

love beer

Reaction score
I want to build my panel like this picture. 30A and components 5500 W.
The power input in the diagram shows 4 wires L1 L2 Ground and Neutral. In Hong Kong, we only have 3 live wires, neutral wires and ground wires. What should I do to make this work? Hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• 11581665566974_.pic.png
    11581665566974_.pic.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 1
That's a North American design.. Our 240V is a pair of 120V wires, each 180° out of phase and summed to 240V. Most of the world, including Hong Kong, I believe, have a single hot of 220V. If using a NA design, you'd want to look at our 120V systems for the wiring path, and then specify the higher current parts appropriate for your use.
BTW: Welcome to HBT! :mug:

A lot of homes in the US have 240 volt outlets already in a few places. Near the dryer, stove, oven and sometimes furnace. If the plug doesn't fit, you could make an adapter cord.

Older homes might still have the 3 pin types. Newer I think usually have the four pin plugs by todays code.

However depending on your electrical knowledge it might not be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back