High Roller Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Jamaica Blue Mountain espresso at a place a couple months ago. I've only had shots of espresso a few times, and I've never liked them before. But the JBM shot was absolutely delicious.

Like I said, I'm not an espresso connoisseur by any means, but I can tell you that it was fantastic.

Too rich for me but I'd love to try any of them!
I've thought about buying a pound or so of green Jamaica Blue Mountain beans and roasting them but it can take time to dial in the roast and a pound doesn't go far...

I recently visited Indonesia and had a ton of coffee Luwak. It was tasty and gave me a decent caffeine buzz. I would recommend it if you visit.

Many years ago I got a little vacuum pack of blue mountain coffee and made it in my mr coffee drip machine and it was very good.

A few years ago after i started roasting my own coffee I got some Mavis Bank Blue mountain coffee to roast at home. I think I got 3lb and never did get any to taste as good as that little vacuum pack.

Never had the Luwak processed by civet, but I have had the same stuff they eat that was dry processed and it was very good. Really fruity and a lot of character as it cooled.
http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/shop/my-cart?page=shop.product_details&category_id=19&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=124

Indonesia is a terrible place for a beer drinker but a good place if you like coffee.

Nice list, The exact bag and can of Yauco Select AA is what I brought back from PR for my mother-in-law many years ago. It still sits on top of her fridge. No way I paid $25 for a tin of coffee but it did make a nice cup of coffee.

Studies have shown that past a (pretty low) price point, expensive wines are all about the label, and experts can't actually tell them apart just from the taste. I'm not aware of any research on the matter, but I wouldn't be surprised if coffee is similar.

Latest posts

Back