Cold Brewed Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
My daughter is a fan of Iced or Cold coffee. I got to thinking, how difficult is it to make a larger batch, say 2 gallons, and store it in my kegerator for her to dispense when she wants it? My wife also likes it, so this could be something they might enjoy. I am thinking 5 gallons is probably way too much as they only drink a cup or two every couple of days, but thought it might be fun to try. Do I use regular CO2 to dispense it? Won't that carb up the coffee, which I don't think I want. Anyway, I am sitting here enjoying my first batch of self roasted coffee and am thinking of different ways to get all involved. Rock On!!!!!!!!

I just did my first batch. Yield aprox 6gal
2-2.5lb bags of Kirkland beans ground at store for ease.
Double bagged grounds in large paint strainer bags.
Put bags in my 8gal fermenter and added H2O to the 8gal mark. Left on counter 24-36hrs. Racked to a corny serving on 100% nitro with stout faucet. Everything I read coffee and CO2 don’t get along.

Back