Hey, what's up with the OLD threads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thread display options aren't functioning properly. You can temporarily resort threads to view however you like (I prefer last message in descending order), but the preferences aren't saving so if you leave the thread, it revert back to the default which apparently is first message first

I'm noticing the same thing, looks like the default sort for the boards is now completely opposite what it was (newest thread at bottom of the last page). Setting the thread display options at the bottom of the page to "Last message time" and "descending order" seems to fix it by showing the newest posts first, but does not seem to stick if you go to another section of the board.

Also, I don't see a way to edit posts. And they have to be approved? The beer related emoticons have also dissapeared...:confused:

The new format for the forum lists seems to sort by oldest to newest, rather than newest to oldest. I'm sure they'll fix it shortly. For the time being, click on "Last Message" twice, in order to get it to sort from newest to oldest.

I predict many zombie bumps...

New software will do strange things. When you open a section and scroll to the bottom there (in tiny print) is "thread display options" and when you click on that you can set your preferences. Default is oldest post first. I changed mine to newest post first. You apparently have to do it for each section you visit.

Same here. Go to the bottom of the thread and click on 'thread viewing options' click on 'descending order' and then save changes. This worked for me even though 'descending order' was already selected.

They were working on the site last night, possibly shifting to a new server/software. Probably something to do with that.

Yeah I'm try to figure out if it's something I need to change on my end or a bug from the swap to the new server. I'll keep poking around and let you know if I find something.

You can sort by post date now (not sure if you could before). The default is oldest to newest. You just need to change it.

All kinds of new weirdness today, huh? I also noticed that the posts started with the oldest first. I clicked on the "Last Message" header over the last column on the right, and it reversed them. Don't know if that is a permanent fix, but it worked!

I had to sort on “last post” or what ever it says (on phone now and can’t see it.). It’s the last column to the right.

That is perfectly normal. There a few mainstay threads that people just love posting into. If you look, the thread may have been created a decade ago, but the most recent post was today or yesterday, pushing the thread back to the top. Some of these threads have over 20,000 comments.
It's not a byproduct of the new forum layout, if that's what your concern was.

Back