The opposite of what you think

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red over White

Reaction score
New brewers often post various questions with reservations about messing up or misunderstanding various complex brewing details. Well rounded experienced brewers on here don't find this typically laborious to explain. Sometimes the opposite is true. Many times this can be an enlightening experience for all involved. Don't hesitate to ask questions, many times the experienced guys learn something or are reminded of some detail by breaking down different versions of the same old questions. 🍻

what beginners do not understand is making beer is cooking, baking, and canning preservation.

with that said if one cannot make a grilled cheese sandwich or simple batch of cookies with success then the brewing process will seem overwhelming...brewing beer is advanced cooking/baking and canning all together.

master some multi course meals that taste great and learn along the way of what worked and what did not (some case meal prep and execution is more pain staking than the slower pace of making beer). confidence in cooking will relate to brewing; it is a very simple process to make beer and will be just boiling water when comfortable in your brewing practices.

This forum is so helpful and not condescending on the whole... you will be hard pressed on the internet to find better people willing to help with pure intentions in their heart to help their fellow man. It's a rare thing these days.... jus sayin

Omg I kind of always knew this but this is now very revealing to me. The most important and hardest part of meal prep for me is timing. To get a protein vegetable and starch all on the table at the same time , at the right temperature and for four different people with different tastes is very difficult. Now that I think about it it’s much harder than brewing where I have a set recipe, “ one dish”. And only my tastebuds to satisfy.

Back