Hello HBT from Central Virginia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhem

Reaction score
Hi from Culpeper, Virginia in the heart of American History!

My brother in law brought me a 6-pack of his latest home brew, a Belgian Triple and it was so good I had to get into this hobby! He left me his Brewer's Best equipment and 1 week later I have a primary full of English Brown Ale going in my guest shower at 67 degrees! :mug:

This seems like a great forum, I hope to get some good tips here to get me on the path to brewing success!

I've already learned something from experience. Don't try to run your primary for the first few days using an air-lock. Mine was about to clog...now I'm running a blow off tube into a bucket of disinfectant water and all is well.

Welcome to the obsession and use the search function on this site and it will probably answer any questions you have.

Thanks, Bubba. I have already used the search function to find that I should be using Starsan to sterilize...all I have now is this powder that came with the kit, should work but won't last as long as a 32 oz bottle of Starsan. :tank:

Welcome to the forum! Shoot I didn't know F'burg had a brew shop, we just got our 2nd one here in Richmond.

Its called Original Gravity. Its in Lakeside, not far from inst. 95 He just opened late last year but carries a lot of cool items

Latest posts

Back