Hello from Central Pennsylvania

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTX1300

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello from Central Pennsylvania. I am new to the home brew scene. So far I have done two brews, both all grain. First was a Nugget Nectar clone (Troegs). Got very good reviews from experienced home Brewers that have sampled my beers. All said I nailed the hop profile. My second was a Marris otter / Columbus SMaSH pale ale. Wow, that got awsom. Mostly I want to thank everyone here for the excellent information. Everything I had questions or concerns about I could find answers to here with a simple search. I wanted to start all grain right away. Some friends though it was a quite ambitious undertaking. I believe education yourself is the way to succeed and I spent two months reading everything I could get my hands on. Most of came from here. Everything from equipment selection to the brewing process and recipes came from you people on this forum. All with the encouragement from my wonderful wife. She is the one that pushed me to start doing something I have only dreamed about for years. Thanks to all here for the great information. Cheers

Welcome to HBT and homebrewing! You are correct, this site has a wealth of knowledge so soak it all up. I think it ambitious to start with AG but not overkill. I started with extract, did one extract kit and switched to AG, so, fairly similar. Good luck on your future brews! Anything in particular lined up?

Near the Hershey area. My next brew is going to be an Irish dry Stout for my son. He loves stout and Belgian styles. Found some good idea here. I love pale ales and IPA,s. Mostly a hop head.

I'm just down 283 off the Salunga exit. My first batch was NN inspired. Damn fine beer, it was.

imasickboy, I grew up in Manheim and worked in Lancaster for years before moving North.
Nice to know local homebrewers frequent this site. I drive right by Troegs every day after work so it's a frequent stop for growler fills for me. NN and Nimbal Giant are my two favorite brews from there.

Back