Hello from western NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

setag9

Reaction score
Hello all from another newbie. I have been wanting to get into the homebrewing thing for quite some time now, just never seemed to get around to it. Luckily my fiance got me a kit for my birthday recently and I am enjoying it immensely so far.

I am starting with kits until I get used to the process. I have had a Pale Ale in the fermenter for the last two weeks and will be bottling that tomorrow. After that I have a Nut Brown Ale on standby for the next batch.

If anyone has any tips/tricks for a brand new brewer they would be much appreciated!

Thanks Catch-22, I've been off reading them for a while. There is definitely quite a lot of useful information out there.

Thanks for the welcome buffalobrewer, I'm only on my first batch and I think I'm already obsessed.

The two kits are from True Brew. I wanted to keep it simple while I got used to the process. Batch #3 will probably be a recipe. I'm thinking about a Scotch Ale, any recommendations?

Greetings fellow WNYer... near Warsaw here. When you get into "doing your own thing" with recipes KEEP NOTES! That's not an absolute but it's easier to write it down before you taste what you've brewed. :mug:

Back