Hello from NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beens_Baxter

Reaction score
Hey all!

Finally joined after reading and brewing for the past two years. My friend and I have been brewing with all the helpful advice in this forum for awhile and I never knew why I didn't join immediately! We're in the production of a vanilla bourban stout and right after christmas will be making a nut brown. More news to come!

Benjamin Clark

Thank you! I'm originally from Kingston. Then went FAR away to New Paltz to go to school. Traveled a bit, New Zealand then NYC and I'm back in New Paltz for now. Thinking of attending the Culinary in Hyde Park.

Your close to me . I hit the Gilded Otter a few times a month during the summer when out on the Harley's. Also the Hurley mountain inn at times out side of Kingston.

I've been to both multiple times. I do love the Gilded otter for beer, sometimes the food is alright. Don't eat the gumbo, its tasteless ( for someone who's grown up with a mother from the south who cooks all the time I have high opinions of such things). Sky top brewery ( their beers are.. alright nothing to write home about). Keegan Ales, one of my favorite places to go, very warm and the owners usually are serving the beer. I tried to get in contact with the Brewmaster of the Otter to intern or whatever, he said there's no paying positions but I was more than welcome to observe. Then I got busy with work :-\ Anyhow... Then there's always the Mecca of beer (so far that I've found). Half Time over on 9 towards the Galleria. But it's all about opinion and then sharing without assuming. That's why I never oppose a beer until I've tasted it... well thats a sometimes thing (same with wine, I used to work at Vintage Winery/Rivendell Winery, for a year before they closed down). rambling... sorry.

Friend of mine was part owner of the Otter. He went on to manage three restaurants in the Wisconsin. I wish I had been brewing when he was there he brewed but his passion was the kitchen.

Wow. Thats intense. My dream would be to manage/own/executive chef of a brew pub. OH! Speaking of! Besides Bacchus in New Paltz. I suggest ya'll should try to get to the Blind Tiger. Last time I was there they had probably 12 Rogue beers on tap, or more, they just had an event (missed by hours). A gravity keg, A cream ale on an old hand pump mechanism. and a small wooden keg of some local whiskey(sp). They also had a bunch of aged beers.. and decent bar food. Here's more info!!!

http://blindtigeralehouse.com/

highly recommended.

Back