Introduction of a Taiwan-trained homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnkiduLives

Reaction score
Hey there, Enki here! Happy to join these forums after years of lurking through Google searches and the like.

I've been homebrewing since 2014, when I hand-carried a few brewing essentials on an intercontinental flight from America to Taiwan. In Taiwan I honed my skills brewing all-grain ales, grocery store hard ciders, jungle honey meads, and experimented with everything fermentable. The tropical fruits available in Taiwan made some of the most amazing brews I've ever had - like a red dragonfruit mead and a custard apple (atemoya) cider.

In the five years I lived in Taiwan the homebrewing scene really grew - though to my knowledge there's still only two shops in the country where you can buy supplies! A friend even started a craft brewery in a rural community down the road from where I lived. Now that was a wild story!

Back in North America I've continued brewing my favourite beers (dark ales, stouts, English bitters), making killer hard ciders with Ontario heritage apples, and crowd-pleasing hard ginger beer. I even did a research master's thesis on the sustainability impacts of Ontario craft brewers.

Happy to finally be a part of the community here!

Latest posts

Back