Hello from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGneissGuy

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been dabbling in homebrewing for a few years now, but with a low enough frequency that I still feel fairly new to it. I've mostly used extracts, but in my last two brews, I did enhance by adding other cracked grains (and some orange peel in the last one) to the recipe and plan to make the move to all grain on the next one, as soon as I get around to ordering the ingredients. I actually stumbled on this place looking for some homebrew database applications. I flipped through several pages and thought that this looked like a nice place to spend some time, so here I am.

When it comes to drinking beer, I generally prefer brown ales, bocks, porters and stouts. If it's a hot day, or I'm eating some hot food, I will go for a more bitter brew like an IPA, but for just relaxing or sipping, I tend to shy away from those. I'm looking forward to my stay here.

Welcome to HBT! You certainly came to the right place to learn more about homebrewing!

Welcome from Terre Haute. This has to be the best forum on the net. The really experienced users are very willing to help even the noobs. :mug:

I'm going to assume you've been to great fermentations. If not, hie ye there...They have a great all grain class that's only like 20 bux I think.

Actually, I have not, my early purchases were Wine Art Indy, and lately I've been ordering online from Quality Wine and Ale Supply (out of Elkhart I think). I'll definitely check into the class though.

Hello from Indianapolis! You have joined a great forum! Great Fermentations is a great place, the guys there are very helpful. There are ALOT of homebrewers on this board from the area, you are in luck!

POL

I am glory,completed my post graduation in the west Washington institute from a percentage of 75%, and i did my schooling from Cambridge high school with a percentage of 72%, i enjoyed my childhood mainly with my sisters & brothers who take care of myself entirely of my personal affairs. regarding coming to my hobbies most probably i will stick to mainly books ,in fact i can say one thing for this "i am a bookworm" at my school as well as my college days.
============================================
glory

Alcoholism Treatment

Welcome, I grew up in southern IN myself but I've been in NE for 17+ years.

Wow, at first glance, I thought I was going to have to give you all kinds of crap, but then I realized that your "NE" was Nebraska and not New England...Go Colts!! ;)

And thanks for the welcome everyone.

Back