Greetings! New Member from Longmont CO.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schro80503

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a long time homebrewer returning from a 7 year hiatus. Started in the late 80's, very active in the 90's and early 00's with competitions, clubs and even won some awards.
I've noticed alot of changes since I've been out of touch...with yeast strains, new hop varieties and even new beer styles. I'm looking to get my knowledge current as I start back up with this hobby.
Alot of good info on these forums and I thank you all for sharing your information and experiences.
About my brewing: I'm an all grain brewer, brewing on a converted keg system and Gott cooler mash tun
My preferred beer style is Porters (including smoked), Barley Wine, Belgian I also dabble in Ciders.
Curt

Hey Curt welcome to the forum and back to brewing. The new to us kevik yeasts have a few detractors and many fans. There’s plenty of information available. Same about the new thiol expressive yeast. New hop cultivars hit the market every year too.

Wow, I'm from Longmont - have lived in North Carolina since graduating from college. Welcome back to brewing.

Back