Hello from Cambridge, Ontario Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacl3

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

First off I want to say that you guys seem to have an awesome community here, I have wanted to brew for a few years and have finally decided to do it with the support and help of my wife :) for this first batch my friend also helped so let's hope it turns out!
I picked up a starter kit on the weekend (23l bucket, 23l glass carboy, syphon, spoon, airlock, sanitizing agent etc) for 50$ and for my first brew I chose to keep it simple and went with Muntons Brown Ale.

I also picked up two extra 23l glass carboys, a bunch of wine bottles and airlocks for free :D.

Start:
Av2OJl.jpg

Morning 1:
WSvl3l.jpg

Day 2:
qxAJal.jpg

I am not worried about space yet although I came damn close to picking up six 23L glass carboys with airlocks for 25$ today.

For now I am thinking of making an apfelwein and possibly a welches wine in my other two carboys. I was hoping to make a wine for this summer but it isn't looking like no wine can be ready soon enough :(

What do you guys suggest?

My biggest problem at the moment is finding enough used pop top bottles because I don't want to pay 18$ for an empty 24 haha. I am considering buying from people in the parking lot of the beer store when they go to return their empties.

Welcome! I'm also in Cambridge!

If you want some PET bottles to get you started I have a bunch that I'm going to be getting rid of in the next little while. ;) I understand the desire for the flip tops, though.

Also come and check out our local homebrew club, GRAB (http://forum.grabahomebrew.com/index.php). We meet once a month, usually on the last Tuesday of the month so there should be a meeting next week. We get together to sample each others beer, trouble shoot, discuss ingredients, techniques and generally solve the world's beer-related problems. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can give you any more details you're looking for. Sign up at the forum and the announcements of meetings are there.

Also, if you ever want to come by on a brew day (like today LOL ), I brew often and am in the south Preston part of Cambridge.

Cheers

Back