HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought about that, but haven't posted any questions yet.
My problem is that i don't live and breathe sports, statistics, latest player news, etc. Nor do i want to. I know who most of my players on my team are, but its still a toss up to me on starting or adding/dropping. So i'm just going on slightly educated guess as to all that.

+1

WesleyS said:
I thought about that, but haven't posted any questions yet.
My problem is that I don't live and breathe sports, statistics, latest player news, etc. nor do I want to. I know who most of my players on my team are, but its still a toss up to me on starting or adding/dropping. So I'm just going on slightly educated guess as to all that.

Neither do I. Luckily at the restaurant they had ESPN on and I saw one of my receivers wasn't probable for tonight. Without that luck I would have wasted one of my player slots. :(

I thought about that, but haven't posted any questions yet.
My problem is that I don't live and breathe sports, statistics, latest player news, etc. nor do I want to. I know who most of my players on my team are, but its still a toss up to me on starting or adding/dropping. So I'm just going on slightly educated guess as to all that.

Id listen to the start em sit em column on NFL.com but it really is a toss up every week. Some guys that are supposed to get 25 points get 3 while others projected at 0 get 25. Go with your gut, listen a little to the experts but also check to see who they are playing. A less desirable WR one week might be gold next week, depending on who they play

Hey guys, have we decided minimum beer price to send to the winner?
I mean, nobody wants to receive a Colt 45, you can't even use the bottle for bottling! ;)

I'm coming to the US in a couple of weeks and I'll bring a few beers with me.
My choices are 0.5L and 1L swing top bottles of local breweries (I find the kellerbier to be great even though I'm not a lager kind of guy). Also, the swingtops are also great for bottling homebrew.

If you're interested in trying small brewery German beer that you won't have anywhere but here, let me know.

I mean, nobody wants to receive a Colt 45, you can't even use the bottle for bottling! ;)

My choices are 0.5L and 1L swing top bottles of local breweries (I find the kellerbier to be great even though I'm not a lager kind of guy). Also, the swingtops are great bottling too.

If you're interested in trying small brewery German beer that you won't have anywhere but here, let me know.

I think the general idea is whatever you want within the craft category, preferably something local only, bombers was kind of the rule but not law.

But I'm sending a .375 of Allagash coolship and something a bit less pricey. The coolship beers are anywhere from 16-20 bucks for a .375 I wouldn't expect everyone to spend that much obviously. I have some on hand and was hoping to sweeten the pot some with something almost impossible for most people to get

I agree with channel. a couple bombers of something the winner cant get and of course some home brews! No price limit of minimum but it should be something good at least

Cool, those are great.

I'll bring a selection and then give the winner, in the highly unlikely case it's not me, the chance to choose a few... ;)

Not true. I don't want regular Colt 45, but on the off chance someone has Cool Colt, it's been way up on my want list since I first heard of it in the early 2000s.

Andrikos said:

My choices are 0.5L and 1L swing top bottles of local breweries (I find the kellerbier to be great even though I'm not a lager kind of guy). Also, the swingtops are also great for bottling homebrew.

Please consult the OP.
Here's the section that answers your question:

WesleyS said:
By participating in this league you agree that, should you place any spot other than #1, you will send a congratulatory prize to the winner. We will stick with what was agreed on when this league was being set up.
Each member will send the winner one bomber of commercial beer. If for some reason there are no good bomber choices where you live, then you can send atleast 22 oz of commercial beer. And come on guys, lets keep it craft please. I don't think the winner wants to end up with nineteen 24 oz cans of corona. ;)
Anything beyond 22 oz, such as homebrew, is up to the individual sender/loser.
But at the bare minimum each participant's package should include 22oz of beer. Please follow through with sending your prize to the winner. This is a great community, so lets keep that reputation up.

Not true. I don't want regular Colt 45, but on the off chance someone has Cool Colt, it's been way up on my want list since I first heard of it in the early 2000s.

If you find a Cool Colt, I have the feeling it will have as many chunks in it as spoiled milk :D

Actually, taking a second look at this Channel could have a big game from a few players, this one might be very close, if Jones plays

I'm over it. That's what happens when you enter the wrong draft lobby and miss the whole draft.

hey i took back my comments! It is tough to get many good players in a league this big tho, dont beat yourself up. This is only fantasy. In reality, you win hands down and get to do what most of us only dream about. You dont need beers in the mail for that, they are already in your cellar :cross:

I dont think you will have a problem this week. You should beat up on channel pretty good. Sorry Channel! :mug:

You never know.. The start em sit em is telling me to play Bradford over Tannehill this week.. my problem with that is Tannehill is playing Indianapolis (bad Defense). Bradford is facing the Falcons (I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford is knocked out of the game)

You never know.. The start em sit em is telling me to play Bradford over Tannehill this week.. my problem with that is Tannehill is playing Indianapolis (bad Defense). Bradford is facing the Falcons (I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford is knocked out of the game)

I'd also worry about Bradford putting in back-to-back good games. Doesn't seem like that's his style.

That system is projecting me to win this week, despite the fact that Peyton (who is playing against me this week) scored more than my entire team last week.

That system is projecting me to win this week, despite the fact that Peyton (who is playing against me this week) scored more than my entire team last week.

Well he can't tie the passing TD record two weeks in a row, right? :D

I got an email reply from lumpher:

"Yes, I signed up for it, but too many things came along. Haven't even logged in or anything. Won't be gettine involved. Thanks for the reminder, though."

So he is a dud ... no bomber from him and if he wins it moves to 2nd place.

I got an email reply from lumpher:

"Yes, I signed up for it, but too many things came along. Haven't even logged in or anything. Won't be gettine involved. Thanks for the reminder, though."

So he is a dud ... no bomber from him and if he wins it moves to 2nd place.

Sounds like he'll have about a -18 iTrader rating too.

By participating in this league you agree that, should you place any spot other than #1, you will send a congratulatory prize to the winner. We will stick with what was agreed on when this league was being set up.

Even though this is for fun, please only join if you are serious about keeping up with your team and not becoming inactive midway through.

Oh and I thought we all agreed even if you dropout you still have to send a bomber to the winner.

Latest posts

Back