had anyone used a recipe kit from Williams home breweries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgre

Reaction score
had anyone used a recipe kit from Williams home breweries? if so have you tried the IPA recipe? im thinking of buying a equipment kit with a recipe.

I have done a bunch of their kits and got the basic equipment from them. The only thing I don’t like on the equipment is the spout on the fermenter. Never had an issue with it but would get a “spout-less” bucket instead. The kits make good beer… straight extract, hops and yeast, no steeping grains. They are also very good people and ship same day.

When I first started off w/extract I got my recipe kits from them. It's been a while, but I think the IPA wasn't hoppy enough for me, so you should try their double IPA. Check their website for customer comments on the individual recipe kits. Also, their kits tend to be a little low on the carbonation side, and they readily admit this is intentional, so you'll need to adjust if you want it more carbonated. However, all my batches came out pretty good using their stuff.
William's will ship the same day as long as you get your order in by 4pm. They are a very reputable and good company!

I brewed that kit after buying a brewery set from them as well. It turned out pretty well. If you want a strong hop aroma though I would buy a couple ounces of something to dry hop it with.

wolf,

I purchased my brewing kit from Williams because their equipment kit eliminated using a siphon. To me that was invaluable. I have not regretted it a bit. Also, their beer kits produce great beer. The best beer I have brewed so far is the Williams Brown Ale. My 2 cents........

Good luck

NRS

Back