"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
Oh but wait, on the ********* site he was looking for someone to do graphics for his brewery on the cheap because he's "poor" :confused:

Probably broke because he spends only on the finest food and drink, consumed off solid gold.

Well, sounds like somebody needs to get a better job and make more money.

I love a good internet outing. I'm dealing with another one on City-Data right now.

Any mathematicians here? Can anyone figure out the odds that the guy on that forum is not this dude? I'm guessing around -.002%

although I will do a BMC from time to time I will only do it when out with friends with no other option. I dont consider my self a snob, I just dont like the flavor of 99% of the BMC's. I can usually taste corn and its not something I like in my beer. if I do find a good cheap one that I like I will drink it for sure, Michelob has probably been the closest in recent years with their "micro's" but for some reason anything from them gives me a headache about 1/2 a bottle in....

Anyone who doesn't think this is him needs to stop drinking so much homebrew:

Also thinking of Weizenwerks Brewing Co. (wheat factory, since I make only wheat beers). This isn't for the guys that drink American light lager Budweiser, Miller, Coors piss-water beer.

tubby.gif

New Technique he's apparently perfecting:

The attached pic is a snapshot of the beer when I bottled it up. It's not carbonized yet.

Over there:

It can't be in the home or attached to the home. I can have a separate permanent foundation type building on my property to be the actual licensed premises.

On here:

If you have a detached garage not connected to your house and that garage is properly zoned for a brewery, then it's legal to brew there and the ATF will grant a license for that premises.

Confirmation that this "other" person is in MI:

I'm in MI, but not Detroit. I'd like to leave it at that.

There's a strange thread about becoming a plowing/raking magnate though which throws a slight kink in this, but I still lean towards these being the same people.

when we go riding dirtbikes in the dunes I enjoy several Dos Equis ambers afterwards. Great beer for after a long ride in the heat.

I believe him. This isn't the same guy. And that's why I will suggest he go read that other thread about trademarking his brewery name, since someone is stealing his name. And his complete brewery business model. And his firearms business.

He also needs to call the police for stalking, since this rat bastard of a business thief not only lives near him now, but OS also moving to his new location.

In fact, we need to report this to the FBI, because this may be the biggest case of interstate identity theft in the history of the world!!

Oh, wait, no, it's probably the same guy. Yeah. Totally same guy.

The only thing that makes me think theyre not the same is the guy in the gun forum seems to have a bit of a personality

What kills me is that I think he honestly might not see the difference between, "I don't drink BMC or adjunct beers because I don't personally prefer the taste" and "I don't drink adjunct lagers and you are a fool if you do; I pity all you blue collar dummies who don't drink real beer."

I mostly pity the people that have to interact with him in the real world.

I also tend to pity people that get hung up on Reinheitsgebot. I mean, that law wasn't even put into place for the betterment of beer. It was largely enacted to ensure brewers wouldn't use up all the grain available, leaving nothing for people to make bread with. It was extremely unpopular outside of Bavaria, and led to the demise of several interesting German styles of beer.

I fail to see why this is so celebrated by some people today. I can see why it's an important part of brewing history, and I know there's much to be learned from how beer was brewed under its restrictive yoke. I just don't see why it's so highly regarded.

Just checked the list of beers brewed by weizenwerks brewery. Fat Weasel Wheat Beer, is the only thing listed. A quick search of that turns up it's a the same beer, right down to the name that was retired by Steinhaus Brewing Co in SoCal. Or the wheat version was anyways. They still brew a full line of Fat Weasel styles. Ale, Porter, Lager, Pale Ale.

Better go down and check the copyright office weizenwerks. Seems your imaginary brewery is selling a product with the exact same name and style as a real brewery.

http://allthebeers.com/beer-details.php?id=2872

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/562/3281

This thread got kind of ugly, didn't it.....to get it back on track, my guilty confession:

I keep the Bud Light Chelada in my fridge for Sunday mornings before football. For some reason, I really like them as my first beer of the day when it comes so early. :D

Yeah guys, lets get back on track. My guilty pleasure is anything with adjuncts, as long as theirs no wheat. Wheat malt is for snobs, not peasants like me.

This actually was a refreshing thread up until recently.

It's funny Mikey I actually don't like most wheat beers. I like belgian wits, and I don't mind beers with a small percentage of wheat in the overall grainbill, but in terms of hefes and other majority wheat beers, I get this back of throat gag reaction that make me kinda nauseous.

I keep the Bud Light Chelada in my fridge for Sunday mornings before football. For some reason, I really like them as my first beer of the day when it comes so early. :D

Do you sprinkle a little tobasco in it as well? Seems like it would make a good hair of the dog....Of course I can't stand tomato juice.

Revvy said:
This actually was a refreshing thread up until recently.

It's funny Mikey I actually don't like most wheat beers. I like belgian wits, and I don't mind beers with a small percentage of wheat in the overall grainbill, but in terms of hefes and other majority wheat beers, I get this back of throat gag reaction that make me kinda nauseous.

I was just being a dick, but (i guess that means I wasnt, right stubbs?) I don't either. Well, most german wheats anyway. Some Belgian's are OK and Ameican wheats are alright. I've been really getting into RIS, old ales, barleywines, english beer, all bocks, especially doppelbock. I've shifted from light, pale, weak beers to dark, strong beers that I can be satisfied with having one or 2. Now, put me on the golf course, where i'm gonna drink all day, BMC gets the nod, not ashamed to admit that one bit.

Can't get into the german yeast flavor contribution. I'd like to do a 10 g batch of wheat beer and do a American wheat yeast and a german wheat yeast as an experiment.

You do realize that the "C" in "BMC" stands for "COORs," right?

SO this statement doesn't make ANY sense. ;)

and isn't Michelob an AB-InBev product? :confused:

i think beers like original Coors, PBR, and the like can be really refreshing. nothing like one (or three) of those on a hot summer day working out in the yard. you can quench your thirst with a light beer and still be good to operate a saw, or a compactor, or whatever. kinda seems like there's a bandwagon of anti-cheap beer sentiment.

my guilty confession for the day: i think Velveeta, simply by itself, goes great with a nice cold PBR.

my guilty confession for the day: i think Velveeta, simply by itself, goes great with a nice cold PBR.

Velveeta's the bomb every now and then, just like anything else it has it's place. A great nostalgia food for me is a grilled velveeta and hormel brand canned ham sandwich.

I also like cheese in a can squirted into bugles once and awhile.

I found a new..probly not guilty but none-the-less delicious flavor at Garrison Brewery in Halifax the other day, Spruce Beer. Beer brewed with needles, extracted essence and buds from a spruce tree.

It's very good, very unique tasting. Very different from anything else I've ever drank. Picked up 6 quarts of it, and now I kinda don't want to drink them, for fear of running out of it.

Revvy said:

I am very jealous we don't get Bugles at any store in my neck of the woods. About a year ago a got a craving for them and literally spent 2 days wondering in and out of grocery and convenience stores with no luck.

Revvy said:

I here ya there buddy, I often like dipping my flute into tulips.

Spam is awesome. My wife makes over easy eggs, rice and spam. Filipino breakfast, love that stuff.

Try cutting velveeta into cubes in a bowl with a quart of salsa & nuke it/stir it,nuke it,etc till evenly melted & mixed. Then pour it over macaroni or penne pasta. Breaded & fried slices of spam to go with it. Plenty of cold beer of course.

PBR, Coors, Highlife for me. However, I always add a few shakes of salt into any of the cheep yellow fizzy stuff. To be honest, I actually enjoy drinking these beers, it sometimes provides a short break from the delicious craft beers I make, not to mention it extends the life of my kegged beers :)

If you've never put salt/pepper in your Miller, Coors, Bud etc - do it, salt like many other spices actually brings out some good flavors in the cheep yellow fizzy stuff, or masks them, whatever you prefer!

Salted peanuts poured into a glass bottle of Coke...mmmm... Oh, wait we're supposed to talking beer here. So, when I look back through the beer stained pages of my memory trying to pinpoint what actually got me away from BMC and their ugly cousins, I think it might have been Michelob Dark. That started me down a long and winding road. I guess ANB really screwed up there. Lots of lost revenue. I wonder what I might think of that stuff now.

I had some a few months ago,still pretty good. And I like the fused neck look of the bottles. But I can't understand why my macaroni conqueso sounds bad? We originally made it for dipping tortilla chips in. But I saw the way some diners,etc make there macaroni & ton of cheese,& just did'em one better.

Try cutting velveeta into cubes in a bowl with a quart of salsa & nuke it/stir it,nuke it,etc till evenly melted & mixed. Then pour it over macaroni or penne pasta. Breaded & fried slices of spam to go with it. Plenty of cold beer of course.

there ya go!! :mug: i'll skip the spam (i know, probably the only guy in MN who doesn't like the stuff), but some cheap slices of fried salami sound great! wash it down with a couple cans of PBR! "i'm white trash and i'm in trouble!" gotta love beer munchies, especially while watching south park!

Yup. Been there,done that. It's also good with my fried chicken or pit bbq'd whole ham. 7.5 hours of goodness with rich cheesy flavor on the side!

If we're talking any and all guilty pleasures, I love an occasional Sausage McGriddle.

I know eating just one is probably distributing a micro-thin layer of plaque throughout my cardiovascular system, but I figure once in a good long while, maybe when I'm running late and skipped breakfast, I'll probably be OK.

Back