"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am crying this awesome. Exactly what temp do you ferment your vomit and do you notice better clarity when you cold crash it.

i have been keeping silent but I am busting up over here. I was waiting all day today to say to someone Don't make me pop my collar.

This thread got kind of ugly, didn't it.....to get it back on track, my guilty confession:

I keep the Bud Light Chelada in my fridge for Sunday mornings before football. For some reason, I really like them as my first beer of the day when it comes so early. :D

You and me both... I won't lie... I have one on Saturday, AND Sunday mornings typically!!!

:mug:

Airborneguy said:
I have to give credit to emjay, we were sort of going back and forth abusing some snobby idiot in that thread.

Don't give that lil bastard any credit! His head is fat enough as is :D

The last 3 pages of this thread were amazeballs. Good to see internet *****ery lives on I guess.

I'd have to say my guilty beer pleasure is PBR. The local whiskey bar serves $2 pints likely to attract the hipsters, but it's an awesome pallete cleanser between all those robust whiskey's. It's also a great way to slow down and pace myself.

I also enjoy it when I go on a late summer trout fishing trip.. I find droping a sixer in the stream and sharing it out with a couple friends really hits the spot at the end of the day.

I've never tried PBR, can't get it in Nova Scotia it seems. I looked all over the "Beers of the World' section of our liquer store right after that episode of South Park a few months back, and nothing.

Oddly enough, 40oz bottles of Colt .45 were in the beers of the world section. And I mean, this is like, a nice shelf, carved of some dark wood, really attractive display, and here are these 40oz Colt .45 bottles. I asked the guy working the counter why they were there. His reply; "American".

my beer confession:

I really like high life for working on the yard or around the house.
i used to work on cars with a friend of mine, and he loved heineken, so that was what we drank, so now, when i want a beer to go with car work, it's usually a heineken.

my food confession:
the Crunchwrap Supreme, and putting ketchup on my mac & cheese.:rockin:

bengerman said:
my food confession:
the Crunchwrap Supreme, and putting ketchup on my mac & cheese.:rockin:

Better than ketchup and cottage cheese, like Nixon.

My guilty pleasure.

-In order to save my homebrew, I often drink boxed wine...9 dollars for 3 liters. I guess if I just didn't drink that for 3 or 4 weeks, I would have saved enough for another fermenter and be in good shape. My wife though said no more fermenters until we have enough room to get them out of my clothes closet...wine it is

couldn't possibly be! :drunk: it's also merely a coincidence that his toolbaggery ceased shortly after a few posters publicly pulled his card and called him on it. :ban: pure coincidence. it's obviously two different home brewers that own firearms manufacturing companies, who are looking to start up a brewery of the same name, brewing the same styles of beer, in the same state. sheer and utter coincidence. those thing happen all the time on HBT, i should know, some other guy named NordeastBrewer77 from Minneapolis, who'd brewed exactly the same batches of beer i have recently was on this other thread just today talking about fermentation temps. i have no idea who he is or how he cloned my identity! :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:
Very entertaining that you and others think I'm that same person on that forum.

Yeah man, you tell these bastards. I happen to know it's not you, so that makes two of us. I think all the adjuncts in these guys beers is turning their tiny brains to mush. Stupid blue collar sonofabitches...... IT'S NOT HIM, ALRIGHT. Just give up already.

mikeysab said:
Fixed that for ya.

It's funny too, he's not even like "Wow, that's amazing that there's so many similarities, the resemblance is uncanny. What are the chances!" He's just like "nope! Not me! Nooot meeee!"

ForumRunner_20111008_113711.jpg

My guilty pleasure.

-In order to save my homebrew, I often drink boxed wine...9 dollars for 3 liters. I guess if I just didn't drink that for 3 or 4 weeks, I would have saved enough for another fermenter and be in good shape. My wife though said no more fermenters until we have enough room to get them out of my clothes closet...wine it is

You really are wasting a lot of potential here, you shouldn't be drinking cheap wine in boxes, you really should be drinking cheap wine in glass gallon jugs. Then you'd be accumulating a bunch of nice 1 gallon fermenters for meads, wines and ciders.

You've got no sense of priorities here, nothing wrong with cheap wine as long as it's in a proper container. :D

1-gallon-mead-thumb.jpg

whether it's you, or not you, and for the record, i think it's obvious that it is, isn't the whole point. i think the main thing is that you were a total @$$hole to people with you're 'i'm better than you blue collar guys cuz my beer doesn't have adjuncts' cr@p. you come off like a total snob and a even bigger ******. funny thing is guy, that all your fruit laden weizens DO contain adjuncts.

We've been having a pretty good time with it :mug:

i know i have. and i think weiz made airborneguy's day!

It's funny too, he's not even like "Wow, that's amazing that there's so many similarities, the resemblance is uncanny. What are the chances!" He's just like "nope! Not me! Nooot meeee!"

i know, i thought the same thing.

You really are wasting a lot of potential here, you shouldn't be drinking cheap wine in boxes, you really should be drinking cheap wine in glass gallon jugs. Then you'd be accumulating a bunch of nice 1 gallon fermenters for meads, wines and ciders.

DOH!!! :mug:

I do not brew fruit wheat beers and do not use adjuncts. I do not use adjuncts in beer as I don't think they belong there. They detract from the beer and don't add to it. Some people like them and some people don't. I'm one of those people that don't. My opinion differs from everyone else's and so be it. I say what comes to mind, and if that makes me an *******, so be it. If you take that as being a ******, I won't lose sleep over it. I've been called a lot worse in my life.

I do not brew fruit wheat beers and do not use adjuncts. I do not use adjuncts in beer as I don't think they belong there. They detract from the beer and don't add to it. Some people like them and some people don't. I'm one of those people that don't. My opinion differs from everyone else's and so be it. I say what comes to mind, and if that makes me an *******, so be it. If you take that as being a ******, I won't lose sleep over it. I've been called a lot worse in my life.

I'm sure you won't lose sleep over what we think on this beer forum, but what about losing sleep over the fact that there is someone TOTALLY like you, living your life, brewing your beers, and probably sleeping with your SWMBO?

I have a soft spot for cans of Black Label and pitchers of PBR. A local bar has specials on each depending on the night, and I have many fond memories of walking there in the summer after work, relaxing with friends on their patio, getting my fill of beer and El Matadors from the convenience store across the street, and walking home having spent only $7-$10 with tip.

So we're in agreement then, you're an *******. I'm glad we can finally see eye to eye on this.

Random thought though. No one is hating on you for not using adjuncts, or even disliking their use. No one really cares about that. It's your attitude you presented earlier in the thread that everyone here who does use them, and enjoy beer made with them are a bunch of plebs drnking swill you won't even give to your dogs.

That's the part that made you an *******.

but what about losing sleep over the fact that there is someone TOTALLY like you, living your life, brewing your beers, and probably sleeping with your SWMBO?

zing!!! :ban:

last time i checked, fruit is an 'adjunct'. i know i'm just a blue collar a-hole, but even i know that. and what about that 'other' guy? is that not the biggest coinkydink on earth or what? i mean, this guy lives close to you and seems to know exactly what you're doing and brewing, knows about your nano brewery enough to start one of his own with the same name in the same state which implies he has access to your identity otherwise the state wouldn't allow him to use that name. he even seems to have access to at least the names of the brews you make, if not the recipes. if i were you, i'd be trying to figure out who this guy is and not puffing your chest and telling a bunch of home brewers how they're low lives for using and liking adjuncts in their beer.

From WW's profile:

Future Brews
Professionally, I'm going to brew only wheat beers.
Primary
Several experimental flavored wheat beers.

lollerskates.

I didn't appreciate it either when another member in a thread last night called me a "blue-collar sob". I spent 13 of my nearly last 14 years at ford in middle management. Blue collar on the lines before that. I could even fix automation equipment. Blue collar sob my a$$.
I've known some rich white collar folks. Some were great peole who appreciated getting into a good job. Others,well...we know what they are.I'm not stupid or a worthless assholic sob just because I worked for a living. I made a hair over $30/hr. I wonder how much the member last night makes?
Yeah,I'll drink BMC when the occasion calls for it. Yeah,I'll eat velveeta con caso with a few different things & enjoy it.
When I can,we like the French resturant on the lagoons in Vermillion. Or a good steak house. Or some fresh sushi.
I just think more tolerance is needed in the world today,& more respect from the young. I'm not lower than you because I'm blue collar,& you have a multi K brewing system. So friggin what?! Now can we please try harder to get along,& away from this elitist bs?? I'm having flashbacks to BA...

From WW's profile:

Future Brews
Professionally, I'm going to brew only wheat beers.
Primary
Several experimental flavored wheat beers.

lollerskates.

i know. it's like the kid you catch with his hand in the cookie jar; 'what are you doing, son?' 'nothing, that wasn't my hand in that cookie jar on the counter with my hand in it'
it's kinda sad, really. he obviously not only thinks that we're blue collar a-holes, but that we're not smart enough to figure out the simplest of all lies.

A few of my homebrews I swirl while pouring because the yeasts make some of them taste better......

unionrdr said:
I didn't appreciate it either when another member in a thread last night called me a "blue-collar sob". I spent 13 of my nearly last 14 years at ford in middle management. Blue collar on the lines before that. I could even fix automation equipment. Blue collar sob my a$$.
You did catch that I was joking right? I'm a machinist, and if the new technology wasn't so clean I would literally be wearing coveralls to work. The only thing worse than blue collar is coverall. We've got some true blue collar guys working on one of the buildings right now and these guys are brilliant - there's nothing they can't make. Funny thing too, they're all driving 50 thousand dollar trucks...

The real ****ing *****ebaggery was implying that blue collar guys need to get better jobs so that they can afford to drink better beer. What if you can't find a job at all? What if your struggling just to put a velveeta mac casserole on the table every night? Does he really think that the first thing on that mans mind is to try and come up on some better work so he can afford to drink weizens watermelon piss beer? Like I said before, this guy is his own worst enemy. Also based on what I've read I highly doubt he's evenlike been brewing for 4 years let alone running a brewery.

Weiz, you know how we know that you do care what people think about you?

You keep coming back to this thread. A mature person tired of people giving him sh*t walks away.

You did catch that I was joking right? I'm a machinist, and if the new technology wasn't so clean I would literally be wearing coveralls to work. The only thing worse than blue collar is coverall. We've got some true blue collar guys working on one of the buildings right now and these guys are brilliant - there's nothing they can't make. Funny thing too, they're all driving 50 thousand dollar trucks...

The real ****ing *****ebaggery was implying that blue collar guys need to get better jobs so that they can afford to drink better beer. What if you can't find a job at all? What if your struggling just to put a velveeta mac casserole on the table every night? Does he really think that the first thing on that mans mind is to try and come up on some better work so he can afford to drink weizens watermelon piss beer? Like I said before, this guy is his own worst enemy. Also based on what I've read I highly doubt he's evenlike been brewing for 4 years let alone running a brewery.

Hey,if life gives you ****,then make a compost pile for your hop bines!
I wasn't sure if you were kidding or not? Ime's,when a country/southern /western guy says something like that,it's a given as jocularity. If a city guy says it,it may be an insult...not as good as being there,I guess. And yeah,those heavy,tight weave overalls could get stuffy pretty quick in the 140+ foundry I worked in,with hard hat,& hide leather apron & spats with steel toe boots. Walked out after 12-16hrs lookin like the coal miner's son (which I am,btw). But I also agree with the rest of your words. It reflects what I said before. You're not better than me because you can afford more costly things more often than me sort of thing. He knows what he's really doing,& I don't. We can only speculate at best,not knowing better for certain.**By the way,I was just being discrete by not naming names. Just in case I misstook the writer's intentions...

A mature person tired of people giving him sh*t walks away.
Funny people like you in this thread are lecturing someone about maturity. Grown men don't become offended when someone has a differing opinion about beer than they do. It's just beer, as one of you so eloquently stated, right? Yet so many have their ego threatened because someone disagrees with their taste in beer. I've never seen so many thin skinned "men" in one place such as this forum. It's pretty pathetic. I thought this was a place to talk about beer. Guess it's that way only if one embraces adjuncted beer and light American lagers with all their heart. Enjoy your triple hopped Miller Lite. :tank:

Back