"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to start this again ;)

I'm bored at work and part of my job is researching crimes on computers anyway, so I've been messing with this for "practice".

From a certain member's profile page:
Future Brews
Professionally, I'm going to brew only wheat beers.

Primary
Several experimental flavored wheat beers.

From the "business" forum:

I'm only going to brew German wheat beer.

Right now I'm experimenting with test batches of flavored wheat beer. I'm trying out peach, apple, watermelon, honey, pomegranate, orange, and raspberry.

I rest my case. :rockin:

My guilty confession is drinking a BMC on the boat while fishing. nothing like a cold miller light right out of the cooler that a fish was thrown into. sure there might be a little fish slim on it, but it adds to the flavor.

man and no one said Genesee Cream Ale, jeez.

i said it once and I'll say it again. I have been known to take down a 40 every now and again. Best part is when I reuse the bottle for my homebrew or wine and leave it in the fridge without anyone even giving it a second look. They still think I drink 40's of Icehouse ALL the time. hahahaha

oh and hi, my name is liquiditynerd and I am addicted to slim jims.

I found a new..probly not guilty but none-the-less delicious flavor at Garrison Brewery in Halifax the other day, Spruce Beer. Beer brewed with needles, extracted essence and buds from a spruce tree.

It's very good, very unique tasting. Very different from anything else I've ever drank. Picked up 6 quarts of it, and now I kinda don't want to drink them, for fear of running out of it.

That sounds really good. Maybe I'll try something like that with cedar or pine..

Dude it's NOT the same guy ok? Even if you hack the accounts and they have the same email, not the same guy! :drunk:

couldn't possibly be! :drunk: it's also merely a coincidence that his toolbaggery ceased shortly after a few posters publicly pulled his card and called him on it. :ban: pure coincidence. it's obviously two different home brewers that own firearms manufacturing companies, who are looking to start up a brewery of the same name, brewing the same styles of beer, in the same state. sheer and utter coincidence. those thing happen all the time on HBT, i should know, some other guy named NordeastBrewer77 from Minneapolis, who'd brewed exactly the same batches of beer i have recently was on this other thread just today talking about fermentation temps. i have no idea who he is or how he cloned my identity! :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

SittingDuck said:
Dude, the guy is making fruity wheat beers? What about his anti-adjunct rants?

Hush now, those beers are very traditional. Watermelons do great in the long hot German summers. :drunk:

I can't stop! I tried! :cross:

whatta bout beef jerky? anyone else think beef jerky's great with a brew? like a good, spicy jerky with a nice citrusy IPA... man that sounds good!

are you kidding me? I make my own smoked jerky and stuffs. If I am out enjoying nature hunting or fishing it is a must to have. The last time the wife left town I lived off of string cheese and beef jerky for 2 days.

are you kidding me? I make my own smoked jerky and stuffs. If I am out enjoying nature hunting or fishing it is a must to have. The last time the wife left town I lived off of string cheese and beef jerky for 2 days.

schniiiiice! :rockin: venison jerky is even better. or bear, bear jerky's pretty damn tasty!

Zamial said:

I bet that wasn't the only jerky going on while wifey was away. Another guilty pleasure perhaps.

Being from Minnesota and all. I admit I do have a 6'er of Michelob Golden Draft Light in the fridge. It is a great brew that tastes like water!

Going off topic from the off topicness of this thread, I really enjoy going to the sports bar that is 2 blocks away from my house and ask for a ZiegenBock on draft (from their 3 tap selection, Bud, Miller, Ziegen). It's $2 for a pint or $8 for a pitcher. I still laugh every time my dumb friends tell me, "Damn! How can you drink that dark stuff". I think ZiegenBock has 10 IBU's at most.

On a side note, I did go camping this weekend with 3 friends, and took an 18 of Ed's Apfelweins. Needless to say those were the first to go; and I enjoyed a couple of Dos Equis Amber as a back up choice :)

I bet that wasn't the only jerky going on while wifey was away. Another guilty pleasure perhaps.

Not so much, being a semi-newly wed, I am well taken care of. I do appreciate your concern for my "well being". ;)

Not so much, being a semi-newly wed, I am well taken care of. I do appreciate your concern for my "well being". ;)

I remember the days of being well taken care of....barely. After six years of marriage and two kids, my idea of being taken care of is if I get dinner.

I hate to admit this, but we watch them at work.

I only get to watch them when my daughter is at school two days a week, but I love watching those wacky people. Makes me feel normal.

So a couple of years from now I can stop worrying about her poisoning me? Nice, then I can go to taco bell and checkers every night for the good stuff.

Mmmm...Taco Bell. There's a guilty pleasure. I already admitted that one though. Guess I should admit to the Baconator. And Poutine. That's got to be guilty.

Poutine and Labatt's.

I remember the days of being well taken care of....barely. After six years of marriage and two kids, my idea of being taken care of is if I get dinner.
You get dinner? Of course, I've got 10 years and 3 kids...

ouch. :D

my guilty confession is that my wife's good to me, keeps a smile on my face AND cooks me and the kids dinner. i guess the confession is i feel for the guys who seriously think of their wife as SWMBO (**ducks**), and then quickly realize it's their bad and i'm lucky to have a wife and not a SWMBO. (**ducksagain**) :p

NordeastBrewer77 said:

Nah, just internet smartassery. While there are nights I don't get dinner, its because I didn't get home from work before dinner is over and the kids are well. My wife puts in a ton of work for me and the kids. Perfect? No. But neither am I, by a long shot.

I enjoy only traditional German jerky, made with German purity law ingredients, from game animals I have personally shot with firearms I personally manufacture.

Any other jerky is simply the food of plebs. Excuse me, I'm going to go drink wheat beer and muse on how much better then the rest of the world I am.

Nah, just internet smartassery. While there are nights I don't get dinner, its because I didn't get home from work before dinner is over and the kids are well. My wife puts in a ton of work for me and the kids. Perfect? No. But neither am I, by a long shot.

nah, i was just being an a$$, don't mind me. :mug: everyone gripes about the wife. i just love how the word Swimbo rolls off the tongue, and since i can't bring myself to refer to mine as SWMBO, i look for other opportunities to incorporate Swimbo into my daily vocabulary.

I enjoy only traditional German jerky, made with German purity law ingredients, from game animals I have personally shot with firearms I personally manufacture.

Any other jerky is simply the food of plebs. Excuse me, I'm going to go drink wheat beer and muse on how much better then the rest of the world I am.

holy $h*t, i almost spit beer out of my nose AND pissed myself at the same time! :ban::ban::ban:

Booyah

Unless your wort is fermenting in a vacuum-powered closed infinity loop, suspended in an equilibrium tank, don't even think about offering me that crap. Hell, I dry hopped my last porter with kryptonite that I forced Superman to personally deliver to me.

I start fermentation by using a 12ga loaded with yeast grenades. I ferment my lagers in frozen mammoths 3 miles below the ice in Greenland. Ales? I leave that nonsense to Arthur Guinness. I use 37 lbs of hops in a five gallon batch. I shot the guy who proved you can't get 100ibus into a beer. I once brewed a 1ml batch of 1.200 OG beer with 67,000 ibus all from dry hopping. My beers are so clear you can match fingerprints through them. My last primary was so long I had to go back in time to start it. You call that lazy? No need to sanitize, I brew my beers in space where there's nothing that can infect them. If you don't bottle your beers in your enemies' polished skulls, you're a straight b$tch. Oh yeah, forced carbing is the way to go with CO2 captured by squeezing redwoods before they can turn it into oxygen, with my bare hands. I got a lifetime supply of isinglass from the Loch Ness monster's bladder... sorry Monster Quest, I should have told you. I scream at my hop plants for 8 hours a day to make them not only bitter, but pissed off. My dopplebock is yellow and clear and comes in a color-changing aluminum can... and still wins every ALE category at GABF, every year. Budweiser asked me if they could change their name to Airborneweiser, and I said no.

Forget about offering me one of your beers. IF you do, I'll ferment my puke and beat you in any category you want... you choose.

Prymal said:
That may have been the most epic smack talk I have ever seen in a forum, you have officially made my signature. Cheers!

Just put the "you're a straight b$tch" line in there or people will block your comments.

That was my favorite part anyway :cross:

Unless your wort is fermenting in a vacuum-powered closed infinity loop, suspended in an equilibrium tank, don't even think about offering me that crap. Hell, I dry hopped my last porter with kryptonite that I forced Superman to personally deliver to me.

I start fermentation by using a 12ga loaded with yeast grenades. I ferment my lagers in frozen mammoths 3 miles below the ice in Greenland. Ales? I leave that nonsense to Arthur Guinness. I use 37 lbs of hops in a five gallon batch. I shot the guy who proved you can't get 100ibus into a beer. I once brewed a 1ml batch of 1.200 OG beer with 67,000 ibus all from dry hopping. My beers are so clear you can match fingerprints through them. My last primary was so long I had to go back in time to start it. You call that lazy? No need to sanitize, I brew my beers in space where there's nothing that can infect them. If you don't bottle your beers in your enemies' polished skulls, you're a straight b$tch. Oh yeah, forced carbing is the way to go with CO2 captured by squeezing redwoods before they can turn it into oxygen, with my bare hands. I got a lifetime supply of isinglass from the Loch Ness monster's bladder... sorry Monster Quest, I should have told you. I scream at my hop plants for 8 hours a day to make them not only bitter, but pissed off. My dopplebock is yellow and clear and comes in a color-changing aluminum can... and still wins every ALE category at GABF, every year. Budweiser asked me if they could change their name to Airborneweiser, and I said no.

Forget about offering me one of your beers. IF you do, I'll ferment my puke and beat you in any category you want... you choose.

by far the funniest thing I have read all day!

Back