Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Face Eater,

the most current pricing I can offer is approx 160, that's the shipping charge divided by 4 which is still a variable..but I'm happy to put you on deck.

Did you find anyone to split black malt? I just put up a 4 way split of Briess Black Wheat Malt. You can use this malt for color without the bitterness of a roasted malt. I've used it in the past to give my darker Belgians some color.

I just took a split. Sounds like a great malt. Very excited to try it out and I hope it gets closed out. Have you used enough to get any chocolate or nutty flavor?

Guys, you have no idea how much time and effort Ghoti has put into the database. There are many things available to the admin running a group buy that makes these large buys much, much easier to handle. And they will only get easier in the future. If it weren't for his database I would have cut it off at 2 pallets by now. PLEASE show him your appreciation and bring him home brew when you pick up your grain.

Guys, you have no idea how much time and effort Ghoti has put into the database. There are many things available to the admin running a group buy that makes these large buys much, much easier to handle. And they will only get easier in the future. If it weren't for his database I would have cut it off at 2 pallets by now. PLEASE show him your appreciation and bring him home brew when you pick up your grain.

You got it. You guys are awesome for doing this

Love to, but what if 1.) I'm relatively new, may not be that good and 2.) my pipeline is probably dry until this come in.

Any other suggestions to show appreciation?

180 sacks so far but that will probably decrease if some of the splits do not get parted out completely. still pretty damn impressive.

180...Ha! Amazing what can happen in seven days along with a system that makes the ordering process and managing splits easy to do. A huge thanks to the people behind the curtain that control the magic that make this all happen.

Speaking of splits, is there any interest in a split of Vienna (or did somebody grab more than they really wanted just to fill another split)? I would be interested in about 1/4 bag, but would be willing to do a half. I don't really have a brand preference so I may hold off opening another split in the database for the moment.

180...Ha! Amazing what can happen in seven days along with a system that makes the ordering process and managing splits easy to do. A huge thanks to the people behind the curtain that control the magic that make this all happen.

Speaking of splits, is there any interest in a split of Vienna (or did somebody grab more than they really wanted just to fill another split)? I would be interested in about 1/4 bag, but would be willing to do a half. I don't really have a brand preference so I may hold off opening another split in the database for the moment.

180 is so last week. We are at over 300 sacks right now.

would anybody in the group buy object if we asked everyone to pitch in a cumulative total of maybe $25 extra so I can buy some burgers and brats for the guys who will be helping out with the crapload of splits? I figure it's going to take us at least 6 hours to do all of the splits. The least we can do is feed them. Is that cool?

I think that$25 is an unnacceptably low offer. I'd say at least $50 to order a couple of pizzas, or even more potentially to get sandwiches for each guy. You guys deserve good feed!

would anybody in the group buy object if we asked everyone to pitch in a cumulative total of maybe $25 extra so I can buy some burgers and brats for the guys who will be helping out with the crapload of splits? I figure it's going to take us at least 6 hours to do all of the splits. The least we can do is feed them. Is that cool?

I think that $25 is an unnacceptably low offer. I'd say at least $50 to order a couple of pizzas, or even more potentially to get sandwiches for each guy. You guys deserve good feed!

Has anyone ever brewed with Elderflowers. I just went through the price list to see if I forgot anything, and that looked intriguing.

TBU - I just took the last of the Melanoidin on your split.

I also just put up a split for Vienna. I am flexible on the brand so if somebody wants in but of a different brand, I will switch mine.

I open up a two way split of Best Malz Light Munich. Who needs munich? Come and get your munich!

This buy closes in 6 hours. Make any necessary adjustments and unnecessary additions before midnight or you will turn into a pumpkin.

Ball park range of shipping, website, feeding, etc.? I might drop something depending on what it gets up to or I might pick up more

Ball park range of shipping, website, feeding, etc.? I might drop something depending on what it gets up to or I might pick up more

in the past it has taken up to 2 weeks for payment to get collected. then about a week after all payments have been submitted. Realistically speaking we probably won't get delivery until the week of the 11th in March.

Got ya, I expected payment due by Monday. I'm in no rush to get my grain and hops.

But I am out of state starting the 15th for 10 days

ok. I can always hold your grain for you. I only ask that everyone pay in a timely fashion when we start collecting money. The order will not be processed until everyone pays. So if a few people are withholding payment then that will slow things down for everyone.

ok. I can always hold your grain for you. I only ask that everyone pay in a timely fashion when we start collecting money. The order will not be processed until everyone pays. So if a few people are withholding payment then that will slow things down for everyone.

That would be much appreciated. I understand on the payment end.

J.D. Barrel confirmation update, approx $160 each.

Time To lift off T minus 4 hours and counting.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed U=Not Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

TBU (U-Split?),

If I am in err or missed you, please let me know.

Has anyone ever brewed with Elderflowers. I just went through the price list to see if I forgot anything, and that looked intriguing.

My cousin talked me into Heather tips for a Froac clone recipe, never even had the beer. Just go for it..

J.D. Barrel confirmation update, approx $160 each.

Time To lift off T minus 4 hours and counting.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed U=Not Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

TBU (U-Split?),
Face eater (U)

If I am in err or missed you, please let me know.

Dave,

For those of us who are confirmed, do we need to add the JD barrel to our order? I haven't done so at this point even though I am committed to purchasing one. Hate to find out I missed the boat because I didn't have the barrel added onto my order sheet.

Mark

Mark,
There is no catalog number for them which is why I'm just tracking it via the thread.

Bill, knows we are interested, he'll likely have to add it manually.

Dave

T-3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back