Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J.D. Barrel confirmation update, approx $160 each.

Time To lift off T minus 4 hours and counting.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed U=Not Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

TBU (U-Split?),
Face eater (U)

If I am in err or missed you, please let me know.

Just looked at my total without the bbl, might have to pass sorry.

I had to throw one more bag of Canadian 2 row on my order because I was thinking, "What if I run out of base grain before the next group buy"? Oh no, what would I do? :)

Just looked at my total without the bbl, might have to pass sorry.

I am definitely willing to go in on this barrel. I am a newbie on this HBT buy, but a member of CHAOS and can get a couple of peeps to vouch for me if needed.

Thanks!

It's like I'm bidding on something on Ebay, "common cara Munich someone pick up that split" the suspense is killing me!!

4 min to go i took last split of torrified wheat for peanuts

Come on! Somebody needs 18 lbs of cara munich, right?
I'm your split-angel. I picked up the Cara Munich 60 and Crystal 60 splits that had only one left. Unfortunately I was unable to complete the hop splits given the need for 6-10lbs to complete. Seeing as I was laid off today, I picked up what my business could afford. :(

I'm your split-angel. I picked up the Cara Munich 60 and Crystal 60 splits that had only one left. Unfortunately I was unable to complete the hop splits given the need for 6-10lbs to complete. Seeing as I was laid off today, I picked up what my business could afford. :(

Sorry Cadwallion.

J.D. Barrel confirmed for order as of midnight.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

This was an AWESOME system. My 1st group buy with Bill. Thanks to all who helped put this together - it's very streamlined. I look forward to meeting you guys at the pickup.

-james

Great job on this Bill, Ghoti and all.
I skipped the last buy which was the first with the web site, the last one I was in on was all manual.
That time I had one grain split and a split on starsan. This time because of how simple things are now, I was able to get in on 7 splits and had to hold myself back from doing more.

Awesome job.

I am concerned about the sheer number of splits on this one. I assume it will take an entire weekend to make it all work. I hope the guys who are helping don't go crazy trying to keep track of everything. I just wish I could offer some assistance but with 4 kids and a wife who works on weekends, my time is limited.

Cheers to Bill, ghoti, and all of the people who work hard behind the scene to make this easy for those of us who buy in bulk!

I am concerned about the sheer number of splits on this one. I assume it will take an entire weekend to make it all work. I hope the guys who are helping don't go crazy trying to keep track of everything. I just wish I could offer some assistance but with 4 kids and a wife who works on weekends, my time is limited.

Cheers to Bill, ghoti, and all of the people who work hard behind the scene to make this easy for those of us who buy in bulk!

Faith brother faith, we'll be organized hop splits went like a charm in a bucket brigade effort.

Question

We can get 500 paper grocery bags for $40. These bags would be good for packaging grain splits. Should we add it to our additional group buy costs to be reimbursed by everyone? There are about 73 participants so about $0.52 a person average. Yay or nay?

It's amazing how well they do it. To the tee. I picked up Ghoti and Bill a six'er for their hard work, but it's the only beer in the house; like a mouse in a room full of cats.

question

we can get 500 paper grocery bags for $40. These bags would be good for packaging grain splits. Should we add it to our additional group buy costs to be reimbursed by everyone? There are about 73 participants so about $0.52 a person average. Yay or nay?

yay

bmason1623 said:
Question

We can get 500 paper grocery bags for $40. These bags would be good for packaging grain splits. Should we add it to our additional group buy costs to be reimbursed by everyone? There are about 73 participants so about $0.52 a person average. Yay or nay?

Do it!

ok. we topped out at 333 sacks of grain. Each pallet holds a maximum of 42 sacks so we are at essentially 8 pallets (8*42=336). A 9th pallet will be required for all of the other stuff such as hops, fruit purees, wood products, chemicals, etc.

Pallet charges are $78/pallet so at 9 pallets we are looking at $702. There is also a hazmat charge of $15.

I have deiced that we will get the paper bags for the splits and their cost is $40. So below is a breakdown of the shipping & 'handling' costs:

$702.00 Pallet Delivery
$15.00 Hazmat Charges
$40.00 Paper bags for splits
$25.00 Website template
$75.00 Lunch for 6 guys doing splits

$857.00 Total add-on charges

The total pounds of everything ordered is 17,951. So the additional costs are about $0.048 per pound (less than a nickel).

Don't forget the 2.9%+.30 paypal fee and a tip. When can we start sending payment?

don't send payment just yet. on the paypal, i ask everyone to do two things:

1) Do not gift me the money because they will freeze my account.
2) Pay the transaction fee yourself or include it in the total amount you are sending. i prefer that you pay it yourself.

So do we get an invoice for our total amount or do we just figure it out with our poundage x $0.048 per lb and send it to Bill? Plus I need bills email/PayPal account

So do we get an invoice for our total amount or do we just figure it out with our poundage x $0.048 per lb and send it to Bill? Plus I need bills email/PayPal account

I will have a google docs spreadsheet that will have your amount due. It's still being worked on which is why I am asking people to hold off.

Thanks cadwallian. Sorry to hear about the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back