Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBreweryUnderground said:
Mine looks good, but I don't remember seeing any puppies in the catalog. How do you use those in beer? Do you put them in the kettle or dry dog with them? What styles do they go best in? Maybe a wet dog brett saison?

I use mine in the mash but tighten the gap on my grain mill.

Now you have a use for spent grains

That's humerous, but I tell ya that I just feel like pitching them is a waste. Has anyone found a good way to get homebrew spent grains to a good cause. It'll probably be more trouble than it's worth, but something for a problem solver to think about, especially one who owns animals somewhere!

That's humerous, but I tell ya that I just feel like pitching them is a waste. Has anyone found a good way to get homebrew spent grains to a good cause. It'll probably be more trouble than it's worth, but something for a problem solver to think about, especially one who owns animals somewhere!

He was referring to spent grain dog treats. A lot of brewers make them. Also, you can use them to make bread, amend your soil in your gardens...feed them to chickens...lots of uses.

Mine looks good, but I don't remember seeing any puppies in the catalog. How do you use those in beer? Do you put them in the kettle or dry dog with them? What styles do they go best in? Maybe a wet dog brett saison?

puppies make drinking home brew even more enjoyable.

I feel the same way. However, I have not found a good way of disposing of them besides tossing them in the garbage can.

My order looks good.

I just made hundreds of "beer bones" for my beagle on Sunday. He goes crazy for them. Unfortunately, I was only able to use up about 1/6 of the grain from my last brew session making the bones, so I still ended up tossing most of it in the trash.

I'll start checking pricing and update where needed tomorrow. Crazy day today and didn't have a chance to do it.

Bill,

Actually there are 4 confirmed JD barrels to be ordered. Dave has the list of buyers. I am not sure if he received any additional orders via private email message.

Mark

Reminder:

J.D. Barrel confirmed for order as of midnight close of order.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

mine looks good, still confused on whether to go by spreadsheet price or website. Granted both don't include the extras.

I feel the same way. However, I have not found a good way of disposing of them besides tossing them in the garbage can.
Compost, if you are into that sort of thing.

I use it for bread, pizza dough, baked goods, and when I run out of uses it goes in the composter. I'm contemplating turning it into hard tack and using it as meals for my three year old when he's being unruly. :D

Compost, if you are into that sort of thing.

I use it for bread, pizza dough, baked goods, and when I run out of uses it goes in the composter. I'm contemplating turning it into hard tack and using it as meals for my three year old when he's being unruly. :D

I have a compost ball I bought through Costco years ago, I keep throwing grain in there. Although, it's gotten quite full and may have to consider other options.

If you have a farm nearby they would probably use it for feed. I took the family to a little farm just west of St Charles and suddenly picked up the scent of mashed grain. Turns out that the Lucky Monk gives them their spent grains.

Reminder:

J.D. Barrel confirmed for order as of midnight close of order.

This is what I have:
C=Confirmed

Neopol (C),
Mark(427Cobra)(C),
Gothic Horror (C),
Cadwallion (C)

Info on how to manage your new JD barrel.

http://***********/equipment/item/68-a-barrel-of-fun
&
http://***********/component/k2/item/948-keeping-it-clean

I picked up the camo one awhile back to replace my other food saver. These things worked great when we split up all the hops last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back