Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks flomaster I may be able to use a commercial address it is uncertain if I will be working at that time. Can I let you know when the tome gets closer?

Thanks flomaster I may be able to use a commercial address it is uncertain if I will be working at that time. Can I let you know when the tome gets closer?

Hey humann, I will have his ship them to my address since it is commercial. Then you can drop by and pick them up whenever you get time. No, really. No problem at all :D

Flo I would love to be able to use my work address but can't. I say once this whole ordeal is done you let us know what it "really" cost you; then if you need more that just $2/keg more then we chip in some extra $ accordingly. I was thinking you were getting these kegs at like $10-15/each and were giving yourself a good buffer. And really you should be making enough from dealing with all this to make your 8 kegs free besides covering your gas and shipping.

Flo I would love to be able to use my work address but can't. I say once this whole ordeal is done you let us know what it "really" cost you; then if you need more that just $2/keg more then we chip in some extra $ accordingly. I was thinking you were getting these kegs at like $10-15/each and were giving yourself a good buffer. And really you should be making enough from dealing with all this to make your 8 kegs free besides covering your gas and shipping.

I am in the same boat (cant ship to work) and agree that we should chip in extra if the costs warrant that. I have no problem kicking in a couple extra bucks once I receive the kegs.

I agree with Bull that this is still a better deal than kegconnection.

ok, there might be a delay in shipping guys.

if I ship in plastic wrap like I had planned UPS is going to charge an extra $8 per package.

so I need to find boxes for each keg I apologize in advance....

-=Jason=-

it looks like all but 4 kegs are paid for,

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round 1 Closed
Flomaster good for 8
Barstar3 good for 3 *pending payment until Feb1st*
jbrookeiv good for 2
Brodeurman69 good for 2
BoxofRain in for 4
kpr121 in for 2
HoppyGus in for 1
cincybrewer in for 2
Krelja in for 2
humann_brewing in for 4 (changed from 2 to 4)
AZ_IPA in for 4
Cpt_Kirks in for 2
jakecpunut in for 2
Walker in for 1
Frodo in for 4
Magua in for 4
Moterbiker in for 1
BadgerBrewer in for 2
drkeds in for 3
Total: 53 Kegs

Round Two CLOSED:

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

Will your boss allow you to ship them a couple at a time? Or are you going to wait until you get all the boxes?

Will your boss allow you to ship them a couple at a time? Or are you going to wait until you get all the boxes?

I'll ship them as they are boxed up. if I have to make custom boxes so be it, but UPS is anal when it comes to boxing.

I asked if I could tap two boxes to each end so they wouldn't roll around and was told no.

so is there anyone who absolutely needs these asap let me know and I'll see if I can get your out the door. likewise if anyone is not in a hurry and doesn't mind if they ship later please let me know.

-=Jason=-

I just want to tape a piece of cardboard in and write on it "THIS IS A CARDBOARD BOX"

-=Jason=-

so is there anyone who absolutely needs these asap let me know and I'll see if I can get your out the door. likewise if anyone is not in a hurry and doesn't mind if they ship later please let me know.

-=Jason=-

no rush here for now. just let us know when people's orders shipping out and we'll keep "the list" current on the thread, then people can update when their orders arrive, hopefully that would provide less headache.

if i may ask, where exactly are you getting the massive boxes need to ship all this mess and enough for all the orders?

no rush here for now. just let us know when people's orders shipping out and we'll keep "the list" current on the thread, then people can update when their orders arrive, hopefully that would provide less headache.

if i may ask, where exactly are you getting the massive boxes need to ship all this mess and enough for all the orders?

we have a good supply of boxes here at work I can probably box at least 20 for sure with just boxes. then i can make some make shift boxes, and then I'll go hit up walmart, super markets, etc to see if they can give me any boxes.

we do a lot of shipping and receiving here at work so boxes coming in daily, we get more boxes then we use to ship out.

-=Jason=-

we have a good supply of boxes here at work I can probably box at least 20 for sure with just boxes. then i can make some make shift boxes, and then I'll go hit up walmart, super markets, etc to see if they can give me any boxes.

we do a lot of shipping and receiving here at work so boxes coming in daily, we get more boxes then we use to ship out.

-=Jason=-

My thought would be two pieces of cardboard the size of two kegs side by side, sandwhich the kegs between with plenty of shrink wrap. Just a thought.

Commercial addr:
gunner65;
midfielder5;
MoterBiker;
IrregularPulse;
Bull8042;
jeffmeh;
JakeCpuNut
xerotime
Brodeurman69

-=Jason=-

Flo - do you want to try and arrange something simpler for my kegs? I don't plan to be anywhere near Chino anytime soon, but maybe if/when you're in Phoenix, you could drop 'em off at Soperbrew's house (or some other HBTer, or maybe one of the LHBS) and I could pick them up there?

-=Jason=-

Don't need to go to Walmart for me. Just wait until you get enough boxes in at work to send mind. I'm okay if it takes a little time.

Flo - do you want to try and arrange something simpler for my kegs? I don't plan to be anywhere near Chino anytime soon, but maybe if/when you're in Phoenix, you could drop 'em off at Soperbrew's house (or some other HBTer, or maybe one of the LHBS) and I could pick them up there?

Jeremy: I can actually drop them off on the Sunday I pick them up in Phoenix
would be fine with me.

@Magua... please PM me your mailing address I want to be sure I have it correct because right now I've yet to see an address that starts with "WW320"

I just sent a PM to HoppyGus and Toasted678 asking if they were still interested in the kegs. if not them I might have 4 more available.

-=jason=-

I'll ship them as they are boxed up. if I have to make custom boxes so be it, but UPS is anal when it comes to boxing.

I asked if I could tap two boxes to each end so they wouldn't roll around and was told no.

-=Jason=-

I already have 15 kegs, and 6 are empty.

I can wait.

;)

You can put me in the "no rush" category, but maybe not in the "I have 6 empty kegs already" category... :D

Man I wish I would have found this thread on time. Can I get in on the waiting list? I would like 2, but I'm sure I could find something to do with 4 if that makes your shipping easier : ) Can also immediately send PayPal payment and have you ship it to my work/commercial address.

Super annoying to miss a thread like this! Must pay more attention. If any more become available I'll take up to 4.

I think that 'round three' list I put together should be used for the extra 4, just my two cents. As for whether I'm in a hurry or not....only kinda. I plan to keg my (first!) brew three weeks from now, off of primary, so I'll need a keg to make that happen. The sooner I get it, the sooner I can make sure I have everything I need for racking to go smoothly.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

ok, there might be a delay in shipping guys.

if I ship in plastic wrap like I had planned UPS is going to charge an extra $8 per package.

so I need to find boxes for each keg I apologize in advance....

-=Jason=-

it looks like all but 4 kegs are paid for,

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round 1 Closed
Flomaster good for 8
Barstar3 good for 3 *pending payment until Feb1st*
jbrookeiv good for 2
Brodeurman69 good for 2
BoxofRain in for 4
kpr121 in for 2
HoppyGus in for 1
cincybrewer in for 2
Krelja in for 2
humann_brewing in for 4 (changed from 2 to 4)
AZ_IPA in for 4
Cpt_Kirks in for 2
jakecpunut in for 2
Walker in for 1
Frodo in for 4
Magua in for 4
Moterbiker in for 1
BadgerBrewer in for 2
drkeds in for 3
Total: 53 Kegs

Round Two CLOSED:

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

Hoppygus has paid and Toasted678 is going to pay.

so all kegs are accounted for.

if at all I can get anymore the price would be $20 plus you cover shipping. you can go on ups.com print and pay for you own label. just an FYI I calculated shipping one keg from AZ to PA unboxed and it was $21 shipping.

not saying I can get anymore, but I can't pass on $5 shipping because I'll likely have to come out of pocket a few bucks on shipping as it is.

-=Jason=-

Hoppygus has paid and Toasted678 is going to pay.

so all kegs are accounted for.

if at all I can get anymore the price would be $20 plus you cover shipping. you can go on ups.com print and pay for you own label. just an FYI I calculated shipping one keg from AZ to PA unboxed and it was $21 shipping.

not saying I can get anymore, but I can't pass on $5 shipping because I'll likely have to come out of pocket a few bucks on shipping as it is.

-=Jason=-

There is no way in H-E-Double-Hockeysticks you should have to come out of pocket. My two cents.

Yeah like i said before i'm not in the 6 empty keg range, (have only one, filled :)) but don't think you have to ship them immediately by buying boxes... i can just crimp caps until them ;-)

def some tip coming from me upon arrival. Thanks again!

Back