Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flomaster: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/methods-shipping-empty-cornies-221664/ this guy seems to think that you can just ship the cornys with a sticker on them. If it would make your life easier, and if (in your opinion) you think they'd reach me just fine (minus a few bumps and bruises) I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

I would think shrink wrapped wouldn't be a problem. You might need to make end caps out of cardboard but I've shipped quite a few things that way with no problem when I was the shipping & receiving manager at my last job. Some things like pelican cases or other types of road cases didn't even get shrink wrap. Do you have plastic strapping at your work? You could always shrink wrap them and then band them with the plastic strapping to make sure they don't come apart (which is probably the concern from UPS). I do see this listed on the UPS web site however if it helps since I would consider kegs to be "bare metal items".

Bare Metals and Other Irregularly Shaped Items

Packing

* Please tape corrugated cardboard pieces to all sharp or protruding edges for protection.
* Cover the other surfaces of the item as needed.

Labeling

* Please tape your address label securely on the flattest surface of the item that you are shipping.
* Cover the entire label with clear tape.
* Do not use "flying tags" (tags that hang from the item that you are shipping).

Wow I feel like a big a-hole for being the last name not green! I went out of town this weekend and I thought round 2 was waiting until round 1 was taken care of. But I am paid up as well now.

And I can do a commercial address too.

I was out of town to do the Warrior Dash!! If you have not heard of it you need to check it out, it was amazing!! HBT definitely seems like a place that would be into it. haha.

http://warriordash.com/

And Flo you are awesome for doing this, I just finished catching up on this thread and you are great. Thank you for doing all this!

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round 1 Closed
Flomaster good for 8
Barstar3 good for 3
jbrookeiv good for 2
Brodeurman69 good for 2
BoxofRain in for 4
kpr121 in for 2
HoppyGus in for 1
cincybrewer in for 2
Krelja in for 2
humann_brewing in for 4 (changed from 2 to 4)
AZ_IPA in for 4
Cpt_Kirks in for 2
jakecpunut in for 2
Walker in for 1
Frodo in for 4
Magua in for 4
Moterbiker in for 1
BadgerBrewer in for 2
drkeds in for 3
Total: 53 Kegs

Round Two CLOSED:

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

all kegs are paid for. at the moment I do not have anymore to sell. PMing me will not change that.

I will take one of my empty kegs to UPS Store and see how much they want to ship it. I will ask if plastic wrap will make a difference in price.

I will also call UPS again and talk to some one who knows what I am talking about and see if plastic wrap WILL work instead of boxes. I think the gal I spoke with before was dollar short and a day late.

-=Jason=-

please update once you have an estimate for when you will be shipping.

I'll be picking up kegs this weekend and shipping will start next week.

everyone will be getting an email with tracking number as soon as the label is printed.

-=Jason=-

@ MotoBiker

I got your PM about the change of shipping address and tried to reply but you PM's are full.

should I make the shipping label out to Att: Stacey?

-=Jason=-

Flomaster-

I am in absolutely no rush to receive mine, so just get it out when you can.

I'll paypal you some extra $, too.

so I stopped by UPS today to see how much shipping was going to be to ship to BoxOfRain in New York. the plain keg with out a box was coming in at $31 because its odd shaped (ie: not box like) and if it HAD a box it would have been $26. so I will be boxing up all kegs.

-=Jason=-

Jason - hold my four (if you can, and if it makes financial sense): I wouldn't want you to ship within AZ; we should be able to figure something out....

Jeremy no problem, I can drop off at fellow HBT'ers house in Phx or what ever.
I am still trying to figure out a way to pick these up in one shot. but it looks like I'll have to make two trips.

-=jason=-

Jason, let me know if shipping on mine causes you to take a loss on the 2 kegs I paid for. I'll gladly pay any overage that puts you at a loss on those two. We all appreciate you passing thus deal on to us and facilitating it, there is absolutely no reason that you should lose money on it.

Once I get mine I will def throw some extra $$$ for all the troubles. Thanks again

I'm not in any big hurry either on my end. Thanks again Jason.

all 104 kegs are accounted for a paid for.

I just got off the phone with my guy he is finishing washing the kegs and pressure testing them. I will pick up 50 on Sat and 50 on sunday.

its going to make a nice picture with 100 kegs in my garage. ;)

like I said as I ship these you guys/girls will get an email tracking number and I will be updating the list here.

-=jason=-

I just got off the phone with my guy he is finishing washing the kegs and pressure testing them. I will pick up 50 on Sat and 50 on sunday.

like I said as I ship these you guys/girls will get an email tracking number and I will be updating the list here.

-=jason=-

Thanks again Jason! You're the man

WOOT! when you email me my tracking number, how bout letting me know how much shipping ran you? I think I can convince swmbo to lemme send you back the difference, seeing as to what an awesome public service you're doing here.

WOOT! when you email me my tracking number, how bout letting me know how much shipping ran you? I think I can convince swmbo to lemme send you back the difference, seeing as to what an awesome public service you're doing here.

I have a spreadsheet I am keep track of everything on so I'll just add a column for actually shipping charges.

-=jason=-

Flomaster, after this you will be able to get free home brew just about anywhere in the states.

Flomaster, after this you will be able to get free home brew just about anywhere in the states.

:mug: yea man, anytime you're in the raleigh, nc area...before June 20th, when I'll be moving. But I'll let you know where to, so you know where you can get some homebrew! :p

Hey, sorry that I am late to the party here but are there any of these left? I don't have the time to read through all 17 pages!

-=jason=-

If i get that picture it will probably get framed in my garage :tank:

-=jason=-
Where are you storing the other 4? And why don't they get to be in the picture? Red Heads? Step-kegs? :p

Where are you storing the other 4? And why don't they get to be in the picture? Red Heads? Step-kegs? :p

;)

well last time picked up 50 kegs they all fit in the back. I could have fit another two back there and then I have the passenger seat that can fit probably 5 kegs.

its just easier to say 100 than 104 or 103 or 106 what ever that total is now.

-=Jason=-

;)

well last time picked up 50 kegs they all fit in the back. I could have fit another two back there and then I have the passenger seat that can fit probably 5 kegs.

its just easier to say 100 than 104 or 103 or 106 what ever that total is now.

-=Jason=-

Don't sweat the details Jason. IP can be pretty OCD....... :D

Is this likely to be a regular thing or a one-time thing?

I need to wait awhile before I make another significant homebrewing purchase (to make sure I stay happily married) but once things have cooled off a little I'll want to buy a few if you can keep doing this.

Wow, I have been busy for a few days and it really looks like I missed out big time! I need 2 to complete my kegerator build so I will be watching this in case there is another pack :D

I'll find out tomorrow if there are any more kegs to be had. IF there are any left buyer is picking up the shipping tab via UPS.COM OR what ever shipping method they want. I can't run another group buy through my companies UPS account as I am already violating the policy and could actually get fired for this should a higher up bean counter find out.

-=Jason=-

If you manage to get your hands on more kegs, please put me down for four. I've been wanting to break in to kegging and this would be a great start. Thanks.

i would be interested 1 if you can get anymore. as for shipping, i dont have a UPS account but i would gladly paypal you a few bucks extra ($5-$10) to keep you from getting fired.

Count me in if you come across any more. I have a ups account to do the shipping. How much do they weigh and what zip code are they shipped from?

Back