Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to wonder how cheap he's getting them to make the 200 mile trek (total for each trip) plus all the time (and cleaning materials used) to get them ready to ship out, then ship them all for $25 each...

Don't get me wrong, the price is great, I just hope Flow is getting each keg (or the entire batch) at a low enough rate that he can afford to do this, and make at least a few bucks come the end of the day. Or at least enough to brew a good batch. :D

Me too..I'm hoping he's getting these for like $10 a keg to make up for the royal PITA he's about to encounter shipping 96 kegs out. Cheers to you flomaster, whatever your profit, (if any)! :tank: :mug:

Me too..I'm hoping he's getting these for like $10 a keg to make up for the royal PITA he's about to encounter shipping 96 kegs out. Cheers to you flomaster, whatever your profit, (if any)! :tank: :mug:

Maybe he's trying to build up some good karma to help offset for very bad things he's done in the past (or will do in the future)... :eek:

From the looks of things, he could do another two rounds if they have more corny's... Hell, if he can wrangle up some in a couple of weeks (after February 16th) I could go for 6-8 of them... That should set me up right for both serving and even convert a few into primaries/secondaries...

Chino Vally Az. , Thats up by Prescott. I go up by the airport for business. There's a nice Microbrewery there. You must be driving down the mountain over to Phoenix, hell of a trip. drive carefully

just a suggestion for next time Flo, on another forum I frequent we always copy and paste the list, then add yourself + requested info, that way it stays in order and just continues growing, it makes it easier on the organizer as he always has a nice concise list, in order, he can edit with PAID/SHIPPED. Anyways nice of you to do this, group buy organizing sucks.

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round Two CLOSED:

50 Kegs

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

-=Jason=-

Payment sent. Turn my name green :D ready for some carbonated draft goodness...

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round 1 Closed
Flomaster good for 8
Barstar3 good for 3 *pending payment until Feb1st*
jbrookeiv good for 2
Brodeurman69 good for 2
BoxofRain in for 4
kpr121 in for 2
HoppyGus in for 1
cincybrewer in for 2
Krelja in for 2
humann_brewing in for 4 (changed from 2 to 4)
AZ_IPA in for 4
Cpt_Kirks in for 2
jakecpunut in for 2
Walker in for 1
Frodo in for 4
Magua in for 4
Moterbiker in for 1
BadgerBrewer in for 2
drkeds in for 3
Total: 53 Kegs

Round Two CLOSED:

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

-=Jason=-

so it looks like nearly all kegs are accounted for.

this deal almost fell through guys turns out shipping is a LOT more than I had anticipated and it was going to cost ME money to get these. so I would have refunded the money.

so I asked my boss Pretty Pretty Please with a cherry on top if I could ship out of our work and use their massive discount code and just pay the company back. his answer was yes.

so all systems are a go, there are still a few kegs left to be paid for, if they aren't paid for by the time I am ready to ship I will post the quantity left and offer them up for immediate payment.

I am really glad I was able to help HBT out with some kegs.

just a suggestion for next time Flo, on another forum I frequent we always copy and paste the list, then add yourself + requested info, that way it stays in order and just continues growing, it makes it easier on the organizer as he always has a nice concise list, in order, he can edit with PAID/SHIPPED. Anyways nice of you to do this, group buy organizing sucks.

yeah I was kinda hoping a list would have been copy and pasted, but that work is done now.

now I just have to pick up the kegs, wrap, and print labels

-=Jason=-

so it looks like nearly all kegs are accounted for.

this deal almost fell through guys turns out shipping is a LOT more than I had anticipated and it was going to cost ME money to get these. so I would have refunded the money.

so I asked my boss Pretty Pretty Please with a cherry on top if I could ship out of our work and use their massive discount code and just pay the company back. his answer was yes.

-=Jason=-

Glad you have a cool boss and this deal went through.:mug:

I used my companies shipping application and figured shipping on one keg from Az to New York it said 4.88 so I figured $5 a keg. turns out that shipping to residential is more that same keg to the same location with residential is 7.38. so with the over/ under shipping should break even or worst case I have to come out of pocket a few bucks. but since I am buying 8 kegs are a killer price I don't mind.

ups.com wanted $21 to ship the keg so you can see I was panicking last night just thinking how terrible it would have been to refund everyone's money.

-=Jason=-

I used my companies shipping application and figured shipping on one keg from Az to New York it said 4.88 so I figured $5 a keg. turns out that shipping to residential is more that same keg to the same location with residential is 7.38. so with the over/ under shipping should break even or worst case I have to come a few bucks out of pocket. but since I am buying 8 kegs are a killer price I don't mind.

ups.com wanted $21 to ship the keg so you can see I was panicking last night just thinking how terrible it would have been to refund everyone's money.

-=Jason=-

You need to start a list with who is shipping to residential and who is shipping to commercial locations. My paypal address is to my work so mine is a commercial address.

Seriously, I miss one day here and the "deal of 2011" unfolds right before my eyes
smackhead.gif

Let me know if another 50 get released :)

If you decide to do this again, I would bump the price a couple of bucks each just to give yourself a little buffer in case there is an unforeseen hiccup like this. Speaking for myself here, but I would have no problem with you making a few bucks for bringing us a deal like this, and I can't imagine anyone else would either.

If you need to, I can switch mine to a commercial address to.

I can provide a commercial address as well.

If you decide to do this again, I would bump the price a couple of bucks each just to give yourself a little buffer in case there is an unforeseen hiccup like this. Speaking for myself here, but I would have no problem with you making a few bucks for bringing us a deal like this, and I can't imagine anyone else would either.

I can provide a commercial address as well.

Payment sent.

Yeah, if you come across more in a month or two, I might be willing to pick up a couple more for a few bucks more.

:rockin:

Round 3 is not going to happen sorry guys, after paying ups.com shipping its not going to be worth it. you be paying 20 a keg plus another XXX for shipping making the deal not so sweet.

if anyone wants to change from a residential address to a commercial address ie (your work) please shoot me PM with your new shipping address.

I always have everything I buy shipped to work because well I am at work and I don't have to wait until I get home and shipping is usually cheaper.

-=Jason=-

Commercial addr:
gunner65;
midfielder5;
MoterBiker;
IrregularPulse;
Bull8042;
jeffmeh;

Round 3 is not going to happen sorry guys, after paying ups.com shipping its not going to be worth it. you be paying 20 a keg plus another XXX for shipping making the deal not so sweet.

if anyone wants to change from a residential address to a commercial address ie (your work) please shoot me PM with your new shipping address.

I always have everything I buy shipped to work because well I am at work and I don't have to wait until I get home and shipping is usually cheaper.

-=Jason=-

Never say never.

It seems the price of kegs is going up, fast. They might be a good investment, if you can get them cheap enough.

shortyjacobs said:

After shipping I will have about $1.50 on it for me. not to mention my time or gas.

I'm just trying to pass on the savings.

-= Jason =-

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

After shipping I will have about $1.50 on it for me. not to mention my time or gas.

I'm just trying to pass on the savings.

-= Jason =-

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

Here is my take: The guy takes 2 days out of his week to pick up the kegs. Then he has to handle every one of them to prep for shipping and get them to his work for pick-up by UPS.
It is 400 miles total to pick up the kegs, estimating 15 MPG for his truck and fuel at $3/gal, he stands to pay about $80 just for his gas. So, if he is actually "pocketing" $1.50 per keg, less the $80 for gas, that leaves him about $70 as compensation for devoting 2+ days of his time, not to mention the aggravation of putting this together, typing out and printing the shipping labels, etc.
Keep in mind that used kegs from Keg Connection are currently $40 with new seals, shipping not included. $27 per keg SHIPPED is still an awesome deal! Take it for what it's worth......

Commercial addr:
gunner65;
midfielder5;
MoterBiker;
IrregularPulse;
Bull8042;
jeffmeh;
JakeCpuNut

-=Jason=-

I am certainly willing to pitch in $2/keg after receiving them in satisfactory condition. Still a great deal.

Back