Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would be interested 1 if you can get anymore. as for shipping, i dont have a UPS account but i would gladly paypal you a few bucks extra ($5-$10) to keep you from getting fired.

I can't process any more personal shipping charges through work. you can however print and pay for your own ups label and email it to me I can print it and slap it on the box, but like I said shipping to NY from AZ was $26 per keg.

-=jason=-

well here is the first of two trips. I got 50 in the back of the truck and 4 in the passenger seat.
DSC_3986.jpg

DSC_3991.jpg

DSC_3992.jpg

DSC_3993.jpg

just a little reassurance that I am not skipping town with y'alls money ;)

I'll pickup the remaining 50 tomorrow morning. I'll start boxing and shipping on monday but it might be slow going depending on how many usable boxes i have at work.

-=jason=-

Well I'll probably end up passing on it then. $50 each isn't bad but I can get them at my LHBS for that much or less iirc.

If you happen to go another round, I'd be tempted to drive over from California for a dozen or more. I know where your located, up by Prescott. The gas would Probably be cheaper than shipping

Hey there I have not read through the last few posts but in regards to the boxes have you checked out Uline? We use them at work and you can get any dimensions that you need and they are very reasonable. Exact measurement boxes might save on shipping... Just a thought in case you hadn't checked them out. Thanks again Flo!

http://www.uline.com/Cls_04/Boxes-Corrugated

Dammit, can't believe i missed out on this. Let me know if you've got any leftovers or people who backed out. I'd be interested in a few.

Hey there I have not read through the last few posts but in regards to the boxes have you checked out Uline? We use them at work and you can get any dimensions that you need and they are very reasonable. Exact measurement boxes might save on shipping... Just a thought in case you hadn't checked them out. Thanks again Flo!

http://www.uline.com/Cls_04/Boxes-Corrugated

I am not going to pay $1.50 out of pocket per keg that would be $150 out of my pocket just for boxes. I'd probably have to pay for shipping to get the boxes to me as well. Thanks for the offer though, but I'll pass.

on a better note I have all kegs in my possession.

if anyone wants the full resolution image let me know and I'll upload it on my dropbox account.

DSC_4000.jpg

DSC_3999.jpg

DSC_3997.jpg

DSC_3995.jpg

I have as many kegs loaded into my civic as I can put and hopefully there is enough boxes at work to get them all shipped out on my lunch break.

-=Jason=-

Flomaster - rather than boxing them all you might want to just wrap them in that packaging syran wrap and boxing tape... it's way cheaper and lighter. I bought a couple kegs not too long ago and that's how they were shipped... worked out fine. Have fun. Let us know if there will be a round 3.

Flomaster - rather than boxing them all you might want to just wrap them in that packaging syran wrap and boxing tape... it's way cheaper and lighter. I bought a couple kegs not too long ago and that's how they were shipped... worked out fine. Have fun. Let us know if there will be a round 3.

I am guessing you didn't front the shipping on those kegs either, if so you would have paid an extra $5-6 per keg that wasn't boxed. I already looked into it. Called UPS talked to two customer service people and even went into a UPS.com store with a single keg and asked how much to ship to new york. just the keg out of box was $31 and with a box its $26.

plastic wrap means nothing, if you ship anything that is not BOX like you get charged extra plastic wrap or not. kegs being cylindrical get the extra $5 fee.

if I was shipping these out on the buyers ups account I could care less because it wouldn't be costing me an extra $5. but I'll be dammed if I am going in accrue an extra $500 in shipping charges because I shipped with out a box.

and yes we have received items before at work and they were shipped using our ups account. they weren't boxed but wrapped in plastic wrap and we were charged the normal rate PLUS an extra $5 for the item not being boxed.

-=jason=-

It's a good thing that they are the two-handled style, so that you could stack them.

I am not going to pay $1.50 out of pocket per keg that would be $150 out of my pocket just for boxes. I'd probably have to pay for shipping to get the boxes to me as well. Thanks for the offer though, but I'll pass.

if anyone wants the full resolution image let me know and I'll upload it on my dropbox account.

DSC_4000.jpg

DSC_3999.jpg

DSC_3997.jpg

DSC_3995.jpg

I have as many kegs loaded into my civic as I can put and hopefully there is enough boxes at work to get them all shipped out on my lunch break.

-=Jason=-
-=Jason=-

Anyone else really want a bowling ball? That would be an amazing sound! But really nice picture. Really puts this into perspective. I'll be interested to see actual shipping, do definitely deserve to making some serious profit from all this. I thought it was a PITA when I sold 25.

I think Jason needs to climb up on those and lay across them for a picture. Just be careful though...don't want to hurt those kegs ;)

all kegs have been taken down so I could park in the garage ;)

I can't stand getting into a car with leather seats when they are 20 F°

-=Jason=-

DSC_4000.jpg

DSC_3999.jpg

DSC_3997.jpg

DSC_3995.jpg

-=Jason=-
-=Jason=-

holy crap that looks cool!

I feel like a broken record.

-=Jason=-

You should just put "Stop cloggin' my thread bro! There will not be a 3rd round - Don't ask me again!" or something similar in your signature at the end of each of your posts.:)

But FWIW, you :rockin: for doing all this.

I edited the first post, is there a way to check what mods are online at the time or???

-=jason=-

You can edit the actual title of the thread if you want. Just click to edit your first post, then click 'Go Advanced' and then you can change the title to "Closed".

You can edit the actual title of the thread if you want. Just click to edit your first post, then click 'Go Advanced' and then you can change the title to "Closed".

I have done that, it only changes the thread title once you click on the thread, but when viewing the Bottling/Kegging forum it shows the Original Thread title. a MOD has to change that.

well I got 3, 2, 1 kegs boxed up at lunch I will see if I can get some more done by the end of the day, but I really can't be spending company time on this.

shipping today is

DrKeds for 3
FoxxRunner for 3
xxx for 2
xxx for 1

where xxx = call dibs and I'll ship to you.

-=jason=-

Dibs please I need these for kegging soon.

Edit: and thanks so much!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

I edited the first post, is there a way to check what mods are online at the time or???

-=jason=-

If you go to the HBT homepage and scroll all the way to the bottom, it will list the users taht are online in alphabetical order. Mods have a different color than all other users (think its black, or red)

I feel like a broken record.

-=Jason=-

Was that so hard, to edit your first post? I'm not reading 30 pages of a thread looking for a single post. I looked on the first post to get the info and assumed, based on the age of the thread and the small number of kegs to complete the group buy, that it was closed, but even that wasn't indicated like all the other group buys for grain and hops.

By not making it abundantly clear as you have since done so on the original post, you kind of brought all that on yourself.

Was that so hard, to edit your first post? I'm not reading 30 pages of a thread looking for a single post. I looked on the first post to get the info and assumed, based on the age of the thread and the small number of kegs to complete the group buy, that it was closed, but even that wasn't indicated like all the other group buys for grain and hops.

By not making it abundantly clear as you have since done so on the original post, you kind of brought all that on yourself.

well I do research, I wouldn't click into a group buy thread and just post I want xxx before reading the ENTIRE THREAD. just as I don't purchase things with out do my homework.

to each is own I guess

-=jason=-

Latest posts

Back