Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll add another $3.20 as a gift for the fees on the $100 I sent. Good to know how paypal works for the future!

this thread is gonna be a long one, and quick.

jason,
i posted earlier about wanting 2 if there is a round 3. how do you want to handle the folks that are on the wait list for another round. are you going to go back through the thread and use people's post on what they wanted and give them first chance?

thanks for the work!

If anyone backs out slash if there is a round 3, put me in for two more. Just got approval from the SWMBO (damnit shoulda asked earlier)

Shouldnt have to ask at all! When my SWMBO gets snippy with me I tell her to go buy her own beer!

(Hmmm, then I dont get sex for weeks. I guess there is a fine line between asking for permission and being denied your rights!)

Shouldnt have to ask at all! When my SWMBO gets snippy with me I tell her to go buy her own beer!

(Hmmm, then I dont get sex for weeks. I guess there is a fine line between asking for permission and being denied your rights!)

Heh, my SWMBO doesn't drink beer. If she did, I'd probably use that approach. We're trying to procreate right now (need more bellies to fill with beer!) so sex witholding is not an option.
ezziey

I just talked to my guy. he said he for sure has 100 kegs and he's going back to the warehouse in about an hour to see if he has another 50.

I Have a lot of work set out to make sure everyone who has paid gets a keg shipped and to sort out those who still need to pay.

if some one wants to get a Round 3 tally going thats fine with me.

but it might NOT happen just an FYI..

-=Jason=-

/me crosses fingers

edit: and hopes he popped in under the 150 mark with his second 2

edit edit: Walker, where you at with those amazing counting skills?

This is nuts. I think (if it were me) I'd put a hault on this and collect the money for the first 104. Then get them shipped out. Then if there are more, start a whole new thread.

People around here get mighty pissed when they believe they're entitled to something. Maybe come in here first to give people from this thread first crack at the new one, but that's just what I'd do at this point. This is a lot of response happening really quick with people trying to throw money at you for kegs you may not have.

This is nuts. I think (if it were me) I'd put a hault on this and collect the money for the first 104. Then get them shipped out. Then if there are more, start a whole new thread.

People around here get mighty pissed when they believe they're entitled to something. Maybe come in here first to give people from this thread first crack at the new one, but that's just what I'd do at this point. This is a lot of response happening really quick with people trying to throw money at you for kegs you may not have.

I agree.

for now Round 3 is there is even a Round 3 is on a holding pattern.

-=Jason=-

Well, when Round 3 was halted, here's what it looked like, just for book-keeping's sakes:
In case there really are only 100 in the first round, then
xerotime 1
foxrunner 3
followed by
straycat 2
zman 2
ezzieyguywuf 2
vballdrummer (1)
KurtB 4
Turlian 2
midfielder5 2
wired247 2
celticcolorado 2
beerrepository 2
JohnnyO 2
mattmcl 2
kpr121 2
total = 31

edit: why doesn't hbt preserve spaces? I had that looking real nice in vim when I pasted it. *sigh*

Legend: Green = Paid Black = Still need to Pay

Round 1 Closed
Flomaster good for 8
Barstar3 good for 3 *pending payment until Feb1st*
jbrookeiv good for 2
Brodeurman69 good for 2
BoxofRain in for 4
kpr121 in for 2
HoppyGus in for 1
cincybrewer in for 2
Krelja in for 2
humann_brewing in for 4 (changed from 2 to 4)
AZ_IPA in for 4
Cpt_Kirks in for 2
jakecpunut in for 2
Walker in for 1
Frodo in for 4
Magua in for 4
Moterbiker in for 1
BadgerBrewer in for 2
drkeds in for 3

Round Two CLOSED:

50 Kegs

jeffmeh in for 8
cox8611 in for 4
ezzieyguywuf in for 2
bull8042 in for 4
Stimulus in for 4
longke in for 4
IrregularPulse in for 2
Khan in for 4
strat_thru_marshall in for 2
celticcolorado in for 2
gunner65 in for 2
Toasted678 in for 3
cfonnes in for 2
midfielder5 in for 2
xerotime in for 3
foxrunner in for 3

total:51

-=Jason=-

payment sent. Man this was quick!!! I'm glad I didn't think to long about it

ok. since the bank transfer is going to take a few days until I can get the cash to pay the man I plan on going down on sat Feb5th and Sunday Feb 6th of next week. all kegs are going to be checked to confirm they are holding pressure.

I will then sort them all out on Sunday Feb 6th and start boxing them up or just using pallet wrap.

anyone object to having the kegs wrapped in pallet wrap?

I will will try and get all kegs to the UPS center for drop off so my Daily Driver doesn't **** a brick when he shows up Monday and there are 100 kegs waiting for him.

-=Jason=-

If there are any left, I would be interested in 4. If not, it's cool. Just PM me, I get lost in the threads sometimes.

Jason: Payment sent. Whatever gets me the kegs the fastest I'm ok with. I dunno what pallet wrap is, but if you judge that it'll reach me just fine being wrapped in it, I got no problem with you shipping it out like that.

Hannable1975: Currently Jason is not taking any more 'orders', but if there IS another batch of fifty you would get one, as the total count right now for the theoretical third batch is 31

ok. since the bank transfer is going to take a few days until I can get the cash to pay the man I plan on going down on sat Feb5th and Sunday Feb 6th of next week. all kegs are going to be checked to confirm they are holding pressure.

I will then sort them all out on Sunday Feb 6th and start boxing them up or just using pallet wrap.

I will will try and get all kegs to the UPS center for drop off so my Daily Driver doesn't **** a brick when he shows up Monday and there are 100 kegs waiting for him.

-=Jason=-

Call UPS or let your normal driver know you have a special pickup. They'll send another truck so you don't have to take them to the drop off center.

Since I appear to be your highest volume customer, I expect each to be wrapped with a bow. Seriously though, anything that is secure that makes it easier for you is fine with me.

Call UPS or let your normal driver know you have a special pickup. They'll send another truck so you don't have to take them to the drop off center.

JonW thats an excellent idea I know my daily driver some times drops off with a trailer. I'll let them know I have a larger than normal pickup.

-=jason=-

Interested in 4 if there's a round three... I'll be looking to get some kegs before the end of February, so if it's a few weeks away, that's good too.

I have to wonder how cheap he's getting them to make the 200 mile trek (total for each trip) plus all the time (and cleaning materials used) to get them ready to ship out, then ship them all for $25 each...

Don't get me wrong, the price is great, I just hope Flow is getting each keg (or the entire batch) at a low enough rate that he can afford to do this, and make at least a few bucks come the end of the day. Or at least enough to brew a good batch. :D

I have to wonder how cheap he's getting them to make the 200 mile trek (total for each trip) plus all the time (and cleaning materials used) to get them ready to ship out, then ship them all for $25 each...

Don't get me wrong, the price is great, I just hope Flow is getting each keg (or the entire batch) at a low enough rate that he can afford to do this, and make at least a few bucks come the end of the day. Or at least enough to brew a good batch. :D

+1 on this.

Feel free to throw a Growler or Bomber of a sample homebrew in one of mine. :) Thanks again for organizing this.

Latest posts

Back