Good or Bad News?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eman24dx

Reaction score
So this Summer I decided to make a few "Summer" beers and try to get my wife and father-in-law to drink my homebrew. They both are Corona/Ultra/Shock Top kind of drinkers. Long story short I made a Strawberry Blonde and a Sam Summer Ale Clone and they both liked the beer but never really drank more than 1 or 2, all Summer.

Fine with me 8-9 gallons to myself and friends. Well I get a text a few minutes ago from my wife, its a picture message of her and her 2 assistant coaches (She coaches cheerleading teams) with 3 huge pints of my Stawberry Blonde and a note saying "Were drinking the rest of the keg of Burrhead" Note Burrhead is what I named the Strawberry Blonde.

Is this good or bad news? I LOVE that they are drinking my beer, but they are drinking MY beer. Sort of a catch 22...

Lol, I FEEL your pain.

I was exstatic when 2 of my good friends declared my homebrew to be AWESOME!!!!!!! and then proceeded to drink a LOT of it for some reason..........;)

It is good, because she will hopefully commission you to brew more, and buy more equipment, etc., etc.

I actually rely on people drinking my beer. If not, it would take me and my wife a lot longer than it does to go through five gallons. So I figure they're giving me an excuse to brew more often.

Yeah it really rocks when you have people telling you the beer you made was really good and would like to try some more. Then ask... whens the next batch going to be ready lol... it makes me sad to see a batch go

I should post of picture of the 3 of them drinking my beer lol...

I also took 2 growlers to The Tragically Hip show last night and they didnt last too long. Good thing is the drinking game people said my beer was too good for Beer Ball or Pong, I agreed...

The lawncare guys really liked my dark hybrid lager & Maori IPA. Gotta brew more IPA's as soon as the stuff comes in. Got my Berlin Lemonweisse in the fridge along with regular Berlin wheat. Gotta get pics of the IPA & lemonweisse for posterity...& beersmith. Why is it the pic you replace the graphic glass with 1/3 the size of the graphic one??

One of the best beers I've made was an Irish red red for SWMBOs birthday. It was as good as any commercial beer of that style. She decided to invite some friends over for a small impromptu party and they proceeded to kill th keg. I think I had 2 beers in the whole batch. It was the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat at the same time.

Back