Gas Line Barbed Connections only?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corneykeg

Reaction score
So I am a 1st timer getting started with my equipment and seeking to go with threaded connections instead of barbed for ease of cleaning for my ball lock connections.

Are connections for CO2 only barbed? I am looking at c02 splitters and all mention barbed. Is it because you never clean Co2 lines?

Thx

I think I answered my question, it looks like MFL are the threaded variety connection.

I think I answered my question, it looks like MFL are the threaded variety connection.

Just my two cents here... Use MFL so you have the option in the future to change up your connection types/sizes. I try to use threaded connectors whenever possible because you never know when you might need to change the size of something in the future or the connection type all together.

Free advice: buy a bag full of worm clamps and clamp all of your gas lines to your barbs. The first time you crank your pressure up to force carb, you will probably blow a line off.

Back