Brewbuilt Icemaster 100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadalus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to route my hoses for my Icemaster 100. It wasn't making sense as far as where to run the hoses. There are two sets of five pass through barbs on the top but no pathway on the inside. The Icemaster Max 4 already has the controllers and pumps built in, but the arrangement of the barbs is different between the Max 4 and the 100, plus the 100 has an extra pair of barbs. Once I went looking for pictures, I ended up on Kegland's website where I found that the Icemaster 100 is an adaptation of their G40.1 Glycol Chiller/Icebank. I hadn't heard the term before but an icebank is perhaps originally just like a jockey box with coils and maybe also an electrified cooling reservoir. On the G40.1, there are 4 sets of coils that sit in the glycol reservoir. On the 100, they leave off the back sticker indicatiing the four pairs of lines are for beer and the lower pair for water. The SS coil lines pass through the space on the inner lid of the 100 closest to the barbs, well they use duotights. That water line is for another piece of equipment I was unfamiliar with, a "flooded font". Instead of a glycol line running parallel to the bev lines in the tap, a flooded font is a glycol water jacket in the tower around the bev lines. The g40.1 also has an agitator pump in the space between the inner lid and outer lid. Not exactly sure what it does.
1707425938219.jpeg
Still considering whether I will run the lines into the reservoir by removing the closest inner section, using the hatch provided or maybe putting holes in the center part of the inner lid like the Max 4 does.

And perhaps I may consider running a glycol line to my keezer tower. I don't think I would ever have five fermenters running, and four is a very rare occurence. I was thinking 2-3 at most generally. I am only starting out right now with 2 sets of lines and controllers.

Back