Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, actually, I dip my berries in the yogurt fruit dip, then swirl them around in my lambic sour stout, and finalize the fermentation in the kettle that I had previously caramelized with my blackberry honey that I used in my JAOM

If I'm ever in Cincinnati and find myself talking to a home brewer I will not be able to think of anything but his berries in his brew bucket..... No, thanks anyway, but I really don't want to try your beer, I once read this thing on the interwebs....:eek:

If I'm ever in Cincinnati and find myself talking to a home brewer I will not be able to think of anything but his berries in his brew bucket..... No, thanks anyway, but I really don't want to try your beer, I once read this thing on the interwebs....:eek:

did you want to try my Scroteish Ale? I caramelize and twerk the hops myself!

I wonder if a brewery got someone like Bieber to tea bag a beer, it wold become a huge seller among the 20 something ladies...."Bieber's Bagged Super Light Lager".

No Billy, I respectfully decline to taste you version of "Billy"s Bag Ale". Thanks for the offer though.

I wonder if a brewery got someone like Bieber to tea bag a beer, it wold become a huge seller among the 20 something ladies...."Bieber's Bagged Super Light Lager".

No Billy, I respectfully decline to taste you version of "Billy"s Bag Ale". Thanks for the offer though.

our motto: It's in the bag!

I'm ashamed that this is something that my father said about the tripel I brewed specifically for him.

Dad: Son, this might be the best beer you've brewed. You should brew more beer with no hops in it.

Me:... you do know that tripels are brewed with hops right?

Dad: No, that is why they're called a tripel. Only three grains are allowed to be used. Wheat, barley, and oats. Why did you decide to add hops to this?

Me: Just drink the beer dad...

I'm ashamed that this is something that my father said about the tripel I brewed specifically for him.

Dad: Son, this might be the best beer you've brewed. You should brew more beer with no hops in it.

Dad: No, that is why they're called a tripel. Only three grains are allowed to be used. Wheat, barley, and oats. Why did you decide to add hops to this?

Give the man what he asked for... lol.

Where is the part where he dips his balls in it?

#Quotedlinesmatter

Sounds like he's confused about Karmeliet

Older (60ish) guy at work "American beer sucks! Coors, Miller, all that **** tastes the same. I can't stand an American beer, that's why I drink Killians"

Friends in the know led me to believe that in Barcelona I should just drink wine. I assumed that Belgian beer would be hard to find or too expensive. After a week of this, I found an "Irish" bar two blocks from the hotel that served Delirium Tremens for 3.95 euros ($4.33), Chimay Blue for 4.95.

Variation on the Bock = Dregs theme, I heard recently that blacks drink more malt liquor than whites because ML is the dregs of the kegs and that's what the plantation owners served the workers back in the day. It's in the DNA.

Friends in the know led me to believe that in Barcelona I should just drink wine. I assumed that Belgian beer would be hard to find or too expensive. After a week of this, I found an "Irish" bar two blocks from the hotel that served Delirium Tremens for 3.95 euros ($4.33), Chimay Blue for 4.95.
On the expensive side still though. Plus Barcelona has some good craft places. The Spanish craft I had was pretty darn solid too! Have a look if you are still there or thinking about coming back. https://youtu.be/rGNIkxZzoQo

Was googling commercial beer "best before" dates, and saw a globeandmail.com article that said oxidation can add a nutty complexity to your beer. As a newbie, I'll have to defer to the judgment of others, but that sounds like something that belongs in this thread.

Variation on the Bock = Dregs theme, I heard recently that blacks drink more malt liquor than whites because ML is the dregs of the kegs and that's what the plantation owners served the workers back in the day. It's in the DNA.

I would have probably actually slapped that person upside the head. Unless it was a female. Then just lots of embarrassment I guess.

On the expensive side still though. Plus Barcelona has some good craft places. The Spanish craft I had was pretty darn solid too! Have a look if you are still there or thinking about coming back. https://youtu.be/rGNIkxZzoQo

Thanks. I did try one local beer that was very impressive. I have just a couple of days left here so time for a few more.

brewing my Fresh Squeezed clone this past Saturday when I noticed I'm short one hop addition. It's listed on the webpage, but not on my Beersmith brewing sheet

the boil has started, I got my 60 minute Nugget, got my 15 minute Mosaic and Citra, have my dry-hop Mosaic and Citra, but I'm missing my flame out/whirlpool/steep addition of Citra

hmmm... have some extra Centennial and some Simcoe, wondering if they'd work as a replacement. Google/Bing search lists no substitutions for Citra, so I'm about to cry in my wort when it hits me...

I'm really not as smart as I think I am

brewing my Fresh Squeezed clone this past Saturday when I noticed I'm short one hop addition. It's listed on the webpage, but not on my Beersmith brewing sheet

the boil has started, I got my 60 minute Nugget, got my 15 minute Mosaic and Citra and have my dry-hop Mosaic and Citra, but I'm missing my flame out/whirlpool/steep addition of Citra

hmmm... have some extra Centennial and some Simcoe, wondering if they'd work as a replacement. Google/Bing search lists no substitutions for Citra, so I'm about to cry in my wort when it hits me...

I'm really not as smart as I think I am

Go for The Centennial.

Yeah use the dry hop addition for your flameout. You've got time to go shopping for the dry hop addition.

Back