Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand

He didn't have any citra for the whirlpool.

However, he did have citra for the dry hop.

He didn't know what to use in place of the citra that he already had in his possession, but was ear-marked for dry hopping.

Making sense yet? Or did I just get trolled?

Wow

Apparently doesn't take much around here.

My apologies; if you have to explain the joke, it wasn't funny to begin with. So it appears I posted off topic

"I just went to Epic Brewing here in Salt Lake City to grab a sandwich in their tapless tap room (Utah thing)."

I love that place. They sell the samples and 3oz-ers of their harder to find beers for dirt cheap, and the food they make there is surprisingly good and cheap. I often stop in there when I have business in SLC during the day.

:off: - sorry.

Not sure if I posted this yet but it just popped into my head. My dad typically is a BMC drinker (when he reaches for beer) but genuinely tries to branch out every now and again.

On the phone:
Dad: Hey we had a new micro brewery open up our way a few weeks ago.
Me: *picking jaw off of the floor* Wow really? Did you try it yet?
Dad: Yeah they had some pretty good stuff. I tried one of those...I forget what they're called, it's the kind with the letters in them.
Me: They all have letters in them, that's how words work.
Dad: It had a vowel in it.
Me:...Do you mean an IPA?
Dad: Yeah that's it! Them are good.

In San Antonio, Texas a bar sold Shiner Bock as a $9 import. I asked how this works when the brewery is 90 miles away outside of Houston. He looked at me like I was crazy then said "its a premium beer".

i ordered it... But sheesh both tidbits of info made me laugh.

In San Antonio, Texas a bar sold Shiner Bock as a $9 import. I asked how this works when the brewery is 90 miles away outside of Houston. He looked at me like I was crazy then said "its a premium beer".

I was at a B-dubs Saturday night meeting up with a college roomate for an hour or so. Looking at the beer menu, the typical psuedo-craft offerings along with the usual macro's at a place like that.

But... on the draft list, Fat Tire was listed as an import.

And listed as a "Craft/Premium" on the bottled list.

"Well actually", Shiner, TX is closer to San Antonio than Houston.

And while I disagree with the nomenclature, it's extremely common practice for bars to lump "premium" domestics in the "import" section of the beer menu. "Domestic" = cheap macro lager, and "Import" = premium beers/craft/imports/everything else. This has been covered many times in this thread.

But yeah, $9 for a Shiner Bock is criminal.

One more for the "Craft <> import" moment. We were at a sports bar of sorts, and they had that routine going on. We commented on how "The brewery is about 15 minutes that way. You don't get much more domestic than that!" To no avail.

way I hear, Wales is like the Wyoming of the UK: where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

I think maybe the sheep are more nervous than scared; always looking over their shoulders

Fun fact, zippers have fallen out of style in Wales in favor of the button fly due to the fact that sheep have very good hearing.

:goat:

F***ing beer? No.

Grapefruits on the other hand...

Why not both?

GrapefruitSculpin_Primary1.png

Back