Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am at a restaurant that the only thing on draft that is worth drinking is the Sam Adams seasonal. I had a cold snap a few weeks ago here and really enjoyed it. I ask for the seasonal, but just to make sure I ask if it is the cold snap. I am informed that they now have the summer ale as their seasonal. Dumbfounded I actually couldn't resist.

Me "I will wait til tomorrow for my summer ale"

Waitress looking as dumbfounded as I did "Why tomorrow?"

Me "Sounds like the perfect beer for the 6 inch snowstorm tomorrow."

I just do not enjoy summer ales with a week still left in winter.

I am at a restaurant that the only thing on draft that is worth drinking is the Sam Adams seasonal. I had a cold snap a few weeks ago here and really enjoyed it. I ask for the seasonal, but just to make sure I ask if it is the cold snap. I am informed that they now have the summer ale as their seasonal. Dumbfounded I actually couldn't resist.

Me "I will wait til tomorrow for my summer ale"

Waitress looking as dumbfounded as I did "Why tomorrow?"

Me "Sounds like the perfect beer for the 6 inch snowstorm tomorrow."

I just do not enjoy summer ales with a week still left in winter.

I am noticing breweries jumping the gun for seasonal releases a lot lately. Next thing you know spring releases will come out in october!

Sent from the yeast cake in my carboy

Oh,I think I do. They need to change out beers that're going out of date. And they all seem to be $9.49 & up besides. Giant Eagle is just as guilty of jumping the gun on seasonals as well these days.

I think he means making seasons start earlier. Like Christmas in October

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Seasonals mean something different in different parts of the country. Up here autumn starts in August or early September while in Texas it might not cool until November. People in Florida are planting spring flowers, I still have 15 inches of snow on the ground with more on the way. The northern California coast might be cool all summer, it might get over 100 degrees here. It also can (has) snow any month of the year here. Summer dresses and swimwear are in stock at Walmart this week. The temperature this morning is -10.

SWMBO was amused when I said I wanted to go to the store for a new coat back in the end of January, and not because thats the first time I have ever wanted to go to a store. Apparently I'm an idiot for not knowing that winter clothes can only be purchased in the fall. Had to see this for myself. Sure enough the store I went to had shorts and Hawaiian shirts on display. Ridiculous.

SWMBO was amused when I said I wanted to go to the store for a new coat back in the end of January, and not because thats the first time I have ever wanted to go to a store. Apparently I'm an idiot for not knowing that winter clothes can only be purchased in the fall. Had to see this for myself. Sure enough the store I went to had shorts and Hawaiian shirts on display. Ridiculous.

Head on over to LL Bean or REI. They stock real clothes year-round.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

No, no, no! Winter clothes can only be purchased in the summer. By fall it's all Christmas. You have to buy your clothes 6 months before or after you need them. :cross:

S'true. I had a hard time finding gloves at Christmas, when it's usually just getting cold here.
In that spirit I'm announcing my 2015 limited edition beer. It's called "Wait 'til Next Year"

Seasonals mean something different in different parts of the country. Up here autumn starts in August or early September while in Texas it might not cool until November. People in Florida are planting spring flowers, I still have 15 inches of snow on the ground with more on the way. The northern California coast might be cool all summer, it might get over 100 degrees here. It also can (has) snow any month of the year here. Summer dresses and swimwear are in stock at Walmart this week. The temperature this morning is -10.

you're almost in Canada. -10 is a warm Summer morning where you are. bwahahahahaa!!!! I miss the dry Vegas heat.

I am noticing breweries jumping the gun for seasonal releases a lot lately. Next thing you know spring releases will come out in october!

Sent from the yeast cake in my carboy

I've been seeing this as well. I'm pretty sure Leinie's Summer Shandy sells for about 8 months of the year, and some Christmas/winter seasonals are on the market by Halloween and sold out before Christmas!

I tried to buy a new shaving kit bag last summer; decided it was past time to upgrade from the battered old camera bag I've used for twenty years. Three different stores told me they only carry them at Christmastime....

I don't think summer shandy ever came off the shelves here.

Actually, you might be right.

I mean, they could get away with selling it year-round, it's popular enough.

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Actually, you might be right.

I mean, they could get away with selling it year-round, it's popular enough.

I tried it the first time I saw it like last May. It's not too bad. Definitely a hot summer day beer in my opinion.

I tried it the first time I saw it like last May. It's not too bad. Definitely a hot summer day beer in my opinion.

It's alright, maybe a little too sweet for my taste. SWMBO goes through several cases each summer. Call me a purist, but I'd rather track down a Stiegl radler.

We're supposed to get up to a sweltering 50F Thursday. Got to 26 here today,back down to 22 atm. Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow & not a beer in site...:(

It's 50f here in kelowna BC. The golf courses are opening and beautiful bluebird days up the hill at the ski resort

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

68*+ lovely sunny degrees here at the CA coast - took a ride around the bay, waves at 18 feet, high tide, full moon - made for some really pretty crashers.

Overheard from my own mouth while I was pouring beers today - complained to my husband, "Sometimes I don't get any head at all and other times I get WAY too much!" I asked him to teach me to pour the beers properly next time! ;)

Back