Free Online Beer Chemistry Course

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I signed up for the group but didn't see my name on the list. I can see everyone else on the group on Janux but not myself. I have the same username as on here…monkeyman10000

I thought I signed up for the group but didn't see my name on the list. I can see everyone else on the group on Janux but not myself. I have the same username as on here…monkeyman10000

I don't think your name will show up in your own contact list. I will check if you're there when I get done work in the AM. but if you can see everyone else I'm pretty sure you're ok.

I just signed up for this. Can't join the group until I get on a computer, but looking forward to the class.

I like learning. I like beer. How can learning about beer be bad.

is anyone else having problems creating an account? it keeps saying "undefined" for the reason why it wont create it

anyone figure out any details on this yet? i registered and joined the group. I'm trying to figure out if there is any 'live' time (interactive chat and/or video) or if it is all recorded sessions. If live, what time(s)?

The instructor is on this forum. Get ahold of him he should be able to answer questions for us.

anyone figure out any details on this yet? i registered and joined the group. I'm trying to figure out if there is any 'live' time (interactive chat and/or video) or if it is all recorded sessions. If live, what time(s)?

The course is asynchronous although there is chat built into the Janux platform that will allow synchronous discussion. The chat is for social interactions with other students and potentially the instructor, but not part of the assessment in the course. The quizzes will be available for a couple of days to accommodate different time zones and work/school schedules.

Let me know if you have other questions.

The course is asynchronous although there is chat built into the Janux platform that will allow synchronous discussion. The chat is for social interactions with other students and potentially the instructor, but not part of the assessment in the course. The quizzes will be available for a couple of days to accommodate different time zones and work/school schedules.

Let me know if you have other questions.

I just re-signed up for this course. There was some kind of problem with my first try, but now it looks like i'm in again with user name "AndBrew". Really looking forward to the class!!!

I don't think your name will show up in your own contact list. I will check if you're there when I get done work in the AM. but if you can see everyone else I'm pretty sure you're ok.
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that if I could see everyone else I was good.

5 Days until Class Starts.

Don't forget to join the HBT Group by going to Contacts- Groups- Join Group and entering "s5yrUMqbKYa" (Thanks IanJ)

Professor- mmorvant (HBT)

Students (101 and counting):ban:
HBT Username- Class Username:
brokebucket- grebe
1fast636- hophead636
Arrheinous- Arrheinous
mattd2- mattd2
DaveHunter5- dave.hunter5
zachssoojdm- zachssoojdm
hedbutter- pmh076
MorrisBrewingCo- seanrm42
kadijk- kadijk
Chuckd76- Chuckd76
OakPond- OakPond
Drookit- Drookit
BorealBrewer- BorealBrewer
geek chaser- geek chaser or spykgurl
ejluttmann- ejluttmann
xjmox14x- xjmox14x
Geer537- stevegeer
ncbrewer- ncbrewer
beernutz- beernutz
Libertybrewer- Libertybrewer
lukeziegler- lukeziegler
girdwood- girdwood
govner1- govner1
E-Bot- etbrandt
Yooper- YooperBrew
MedicMang- MedicMang
jaydog2314- jjanes23
JPrather- jprather
BrewCanuck- ThirstyEng
hector- hector
brian4508- brian4508
sar_dog_1- Jamesreardon1
ResumeMan- ResumeMan
dauus- dauus
teej_810- livefreeandbrew
Bigscience- Bigscience
coyote68- coyote68
zeptrey- zeptrey
sybesbrew- SybesBrew
SliverXZennon- SliverXZennon
Mb2658- Mb2658
Bmoneysmafia- Bmoneysmafia
burkecw- burkecw
shelly- shelly
pjj2ba- pjj2ba
beerzrus- zalmajd
Nightshade- Nightshade
steelcurtain- ryand
bigskygreg- bigskygreg
splattsmier- splattsmier
craigger64- craigger64
Darby0626- Darby0626
ChuckO- chucko
The542- The542
joes99- joem9
Peleus74- Peleus74
elsphinc- elsphinc
ZombieCat- ZombieCat
dgrieve- dgrieve
Medic699- Medic699
buckeyebrewer521- gburns521
tflew- tflewelling
Danno81- DanRamsey
brandonhagen1- brandonhagen1
FalconsBrew- FalconsBrew
chalkboardbrewer- chalkboardbrewer
genetsao- genetsao
endorphine44- endorphine44
kellynm- kellynm
misfit- misfit
LabRatBrewer- LabratBrewer
GilSwillBasementBrews- GilPlocher62
ChrisMT- ChrisMT
Mobeers- mofire08
bbrammer- bryan_brammer
DanVStl- dstlvb
thecolorred- ryanhannigan
newkybrown- beergoggles
ziggy13- ziggy13
ram5ey- ram5ey
kranak- kranak
BRBC- Wingman
PNP- P-N-P
PLOVE- lovellp
bren2426- brenle2426
Ridire- (Ridire)
Cjgenever- cjgenever
mcbaumannerb- mcbaumannerb
aartdouglass- (aartdouglass)
all_about_stouts- all_about_stouts
jflongo- (jflongo)
nukebrewer- (nukebrewer)
monkeyman10000- monkeyman10000
Doctor_M- Doctor_M
brewcycle69- bsikes
The10mmKid- The10mmKid (or sir name)
mhurst111- mhurst111
cshamilton- BiochemBrewer
Quadrupled- Derek
And1129- AndBrew
BigGoat- BigGoat

I'm in also Slainte-brew / jwalsh697

It looks like everyone can just see peoples names as contacts, so what do we use the user name in Janux for?

Would love to take this course but I have only just started general chemistry :( super bummed

Would love to take this course but I have only just started general chemistry :( super bummed

It seems like there are many including myself that have signed up knowing it could very likely end up being over our heads. If it becomes to intense I will walk away knowing a bit more about brewing chemistry and my pockets won't be any lighter. Will I feel a little ashamed that it's over my head probably but who knows maybe his style of teaching will turn on that light bulb and I'll absorb the information like a sponge.

I've learned that in life if I'm passionate about something like I am with brewing sometimes I end up surprising myself with how much I really know about that subject. :mug:

I barely know the basics of it, but who cares? Whatever I don't understand I'm gonna just google it to get a better grasp of what's being discussed in case I get lost to quickly...Were' not becoming chemists, were' just trying to make better beer.......:mug:

Well, after some nudging from y'all and some of my friends, I signed up. Username BrauMann same as on here.

Boomer Sooner :D

I also remember someone mentioning something about a group to join? I couldn't find the post again when I looked.

Looks like the group is all real names? Where would we see the user names?

(Glad I found this last minute like, I just finished up my beer book library, need more input!)

Just signed up. I have a BS and MS in chem so that should help. I'm doing school full time right now so that might make it tough.

Braumann. Go to post 300. You do this from the OU site. Just follow the instructions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Home Brew mobile app

Back