Fold Away Single Tier Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadBrew

Reaction score
So finally decided to build brew stand. Was trying to stay low budget and was going to go the bed rail route. Came across a roll away bed and a light build went off, why not a fold up single tier stand. Figured I would share the journey with everyone.

image-83264649.jpg

Zipped tied together to see kinda what it will look like. Of course minus wheels/legs and everything else.

image-2488936160.jpg

image-702678628.jpg

Added legs and welded on wheels. Starting to look like a stand finally.

image-3106946225.jpg

image-4207436921.jpg

When I get all done I will definitely do a full test. All kegs topped with water at the same time. Not too concerned with it though since I stood on both sides bouncing with no issues tonight and i weight 230. The frame is 12 gauge 1 inch angle iron. If you look at most turkey fryer stands you can bend the metal with your hand. Max weight as I estimate would be 450-500lbs if every keg was completely full of water which will never occur. All bolts are overkill and grade 8 even though again the turkey fryers most use are sporting grade 2 bolts.

What it really comes down to is that most of the stands being made these days are overbuilt by a factor of 10 so anything adequate is going to look puny. Pretty genius on the foldaway function.

Thanks Bobby, got a lot of inspiration from your bed frame build and was going to build one like yours until I went to goodwill to get some bed frames and saw this fold up bed.

I love this idea. My in-laws have a furniture store so I may just have to see if they have any used ones.

Got eager to brew so got stand done enough to use. Still need to finish some other items but here is brew day.

image-3552802101.jpg

image-4291743945.jpg

HDIr0n-

Here is what it looks like folded up. Of course this is still under construction and by no means done. I just got eager to brew and put on burners. Reworking them so legs will fold down but hopefully this gives you a picture of what it will look like.

image-1931020453.jpg

Not too shabby! I had wanted something that could be "put away" to save space, but I ended up just going with a large format copier stand the company was throwing out. I think it will work out because it required very little modification and I can store most of my brewing stuff in the shelves and store my vessels on top.

Originally I wanted a stand that I could stand up on it's END and stack my vessels inside it.

Back