What I "brewed" while drinking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hilljack13

That's what she said!
Reaction score
Previously I posted about things I ordered while drinking. Now I find myself trying to brew after a bit much. So this past friday....

I finally have all the items needed to start doing test batches...except a grain mill. So after a few high octane IPAs, I get out the mini rolling pin and some Pilsner grain. I weigh out 2lbs and proceed to "crush". I use the word crush very lightly. Once I dumped the grains I noticed about half looked untouched.

That was one screw up. The second was when you drink a bit much and forget you are mashing. I setup my little 2gal igloo and BIAB. Get the somewhat crushed grains in and proceed to "mash". Well, next morning I wake up and realize this thing is still going!!!! I check the temp and it went down to 108F overnight.

I wasn't giving up so I went ahead and boiled. Added 1.125 gal to my mini big mouth. My SG showed 1.037. O' the things we do incorrect when we shouldn't be doing them. I still refused to give up so added the yeast and away we go. As of now the fermentation is going good at least. Holding 60F without temp control and the gravity slowing dropping.

We'll see how this mess turns out. Fun times!

This could either turn our really great or undrinkable. I do suspect the latter. Did you at least remember the hops in the boil? Otherwise you can just dry hop now instead :)

Please remember to share the final result (and any updates until then of course)!

This could either turn our really great or undrinkable. I do suspect the latter. Did you at least remember the hops in the boil? Otherwise you can just dry hop now instead :)

Please remember to share the final result (and any updates until then of course)!
I did. I can't remember if I used .25oz or .5oz. It's already down to 1.019 after two days. This shouldn't take long!

Sounds like the type of situation that could result in a breakthrough brewing discovery of yet unknown styles beyond Neipa.

A dart board with types of malt, hops and yeast on it would be cool. Throw a few darts and find out what you’re brewing today.
I feel like my brewery could be called "Skunk Brewing" with black and white stripes in the logo.

Just threw this in BF and the OG shows .044 so for what I came out with I think that was decently close.
ABV 4.84 (now est 3.80)
IBU 22.36
SRM 3.2

After a colonoscopy I was told to take it easy and relax the rest of the day. I feel great,let's brew a beer.
Next morning I see a flask of yeast on the counter(I pitch next day when at temp). Did I make a beer yesterday? Next up is a Wit,down to the brewery to see. Well the mortar smelled of coriander and the orange peal jar was half empty so made a Wit. It turned out to be a really good beer but to this day I can't remember brewing it.

So continuing on with things I keep doing wrong...

I am currently on my first brew with my G40 and one I reached mash temp, got the grains in and started the clock I thought o'crap I am missing something. In went my 60 min hops...:eek:

Back