Foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christafer11

Reaction score
I have a full 5 gal kef of great Irish red well it was great. It was a 10 gal brew the first keg done and I had started the 2nd but moved in the middle. Now 3 weeks after the move still nothing but FOAM all other (4) kegs ok and great but this one nothing but foam. Any ideas? I have pulled the co2 and removed the top and looks like foam in the keg too. It is hooked up in line with others that are fine. I have time to wait if needed.

no ideas after 97 views? wow I would have at least expected a smart ass reply. Looks like this foam beer is headed down the drain.

How long has it been off the co2? Have you been purging it regularly?

I suspect that when it was moved it was moved cold. This forced the CO2 into suspension. Then you hooked the gas back up to it and now it is over carbed.

REMEDY: Take keg out of cooler and disconnect it. Allow it to warm up and purge the gas out until it does not allow any gas to escape, this may take a few days. Then re-chill and re-carb normally. Money says your beer will be just fine.

Smart ass comment: Saved for someone that begs for it better...

That is exactly what I did different I did hook that one up as soon as I got it off the truck so we could have beer while unloading. Thanks for the info.

Do us a favor and post back the results of the "re-carb" it may help others with a similar problem in the future!

Latest posts

Back