First time brewer - Coopers DIY beer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M2H

Reaction score
I just brewed my first batch of beer using a Coopers DIY equipment kit (Coopers lager ingredients kit). I tried it today, and the beer is very, very tasteless and its appears to have a very low alcohol content too (according to the taste). The batch was in the fermenter for one week, and then in the PET bottles for two weeks, and the carbonation is excellent. However, the beer is tasteless at the same time.

If anyone can give me any advice on what may have happened. I followed the directions correctly and the temperature was always within the recommended range. Does it need to stay in the bottles for a 3rd week? Are the Coopers directions wrong? Any help will be a help!

I got the same kit for christmas. I don't think the beer is more than 4% avb. Did you take hydrometer readings? Were they stable over a couple days? 3 weeks in bottle is a pretty standard rule of thumb.

The directions that come with the kit are not great. Hbt and youtube are your friend right now for research.

Back