4 year old kit beer in a PET bottle tastes good.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
1709129614508.png

my brother sent me this text 2 weeks ago ,

i brewed this in november of 2019.

and it was a lowly coopers stout kit.

he reported no off flavors.

4 years in a PET bottle. im sure the 36 degree fridge kept it viable but still . kit beer 4 years in a pet bottle.

Well sure, but if it was a NEIPA it would probably be the same color as that stout by now.:lol:
fair enough. im not advocating. i just thought it was cool that 4 year old homebrew was drinkable. most of us homebrewers are so anxious to try our creations that its hard to age anything long other than by chance. but i know you know that mac . 😉

I was kidding. Thought the emoji made that clear. But anyway, all of my big and/or dark beers have only gotten better with age. The lighter colored and really hoppy ones not so much. Small sample size of course so YMMV as always.

fair enough. im not advocating. i just thought it was cool that 4 year old homebrew was drinkable. most of us homebrewers are so anxious to try our creations that its hard to age anything long other than by chance. but i know you know that mac . 😉
What? The Saison I've bottled 5 days ago and kept in a 28c waterbath to speed up carbonation is totally at its prime and shall be sampled tonight! I have no idea what you might be talking about.

Back