First son Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizog4

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to be a father soon, due may 23, and I really want to brew something special. I'm starting my move from extract to Partial on my next batch. I've been really into IPAs and some stouts, but I want to brew something people will enjoy. I am still learning about all this so I haven't made my own recipe yet but will definately make one eventually. Any suggestions? My sons name is Aiden if that helps

Thanks all,
Shizog

Congrats! Something special about becoming a dad, be sure to teach Aiden the ways of brewing, I would have loved to have learned from my dad.

As far as brews, any ale would sound good with his name "Aidens ale" But I am sure you can get more creative than that. I think a good session beer for springtime, hefes tend to go over really well with the general public and they are a great spring/summer beer.

Thanks I was looking at hefes as well. I messed around with a low carb kit I got from AHS a while back and made an apple cinnamon which turned out ok for me, but my fiancé and her mom absolutely loved it and beg for more. But I got an idea to do an ephemere clone which I understand is a wit so maybe that I dunno I'm still looking

I think it is a great idea to brew something like a wit that most people will like. I think it would be cool to do something like a brandywine or Russian Imperial Stout as well that you can age a long time and drink one or a few each year on his birthday.

I've been tossing around the same idea. My second son is coming around June 4th and I was thinking of making a brew in his honor, but I realized it wouldn't be fair as I have another son. My last name is Stout so I was thinking of brewing a different Stout for each of them a "Seamus Stout" for my first and an "Austin Stout" for the new one. Just gotta decide on how I will differ each recipe :)

Lol thanks, cool last name. I'll definately have to check out a RIS in the near future. I'm also looking into kegging very soon I'm sick of bottling

Edelweizen? Not really using the spelling of his name, but I think it's a nice play on the sound. Good luck with the kid, my second was just born 4 weeks ago.

Congrats first of all.

If my wife and I ever end up deciding to have a kid, I figure that rather than a beer, I'd do a mead that I could age until it could be given as a gift for their 21st birthday. Perhaps not quite what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

How about an Alt beer to stick with the name theme, or do something supper high abv to age and drink with each bday. I'm having twins in July and brewed a dubbel before Christmas to drink at their birth and age for years to come. Going to do a tripel whenever the 3rd comes around and a Quad if a 4th ever shows up!

you could brew a amber(everyone likes a amber) and call it "Aiden's amber". make some cool labels and give them out to family as a baby favor. beat a cigar any day.

Back