Back after an extended break.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycie

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm getting back into brewing after an very extended break...

I was absolutely obsessed with brewing for more than 15 years. Took a long break when our son was born. Getting the itch to brew soon. Love to brew pilsners, IPA, stouts and Belgian's. I've built all my own brew systems and love to diy brewing equipment and keggorators. I temperature control all aspects of my batches. I love to share information to help new brewer's.

Hello all!

I'm getting back into brewing after an very extended break...

I was absolutely obsessed with brewing for more than 15 years. Took a long break when our son was born. Getting the itch to brew soon. Love to brew pilsners, IPA, stouts and Belgian's. I've built all my own brew systems and love to diy brewing equipment and keggorators. I temperature control all aspects of my batches. I love to share information to help new brewer's.
What state are you in? I could use help building a system cheaply

For cheap options...

Don't be afraid of the cooler mash tun & stainless steel braid manifold concept. "Brew in a bag" is budget friendly also as an alternative. I have used both and they both work great.

Aluminum kettles are great budget options to start. You only need to build up the oxygenation layer before using them for beer brewing. Used them for years with great success.

You can always upgrade parts and pieces as you go. Get all the pretty stainless steel after you get going. Complicated and "fancy" doesn't taste any better and simple systems are perfectly fine.

If you want to splurge now go for a good stainless steel pump, because that will last for a long time.

Hope this helps!

Welcome back to homebrewing and our forums!

As you may have or will notice, quite a few things have changed during the past 15 years. ;)

Back