First Fruit Beer Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
Pressed for time with limited ingredients on hand and wanting to brew, I decided to make an extract batch (with steeping grains, full boil). Brewed a simple wheat beer and fermented it in the low 60s thinking I might hold back some of the banana/clove character. Used a pack of Wyeast 1098 because that's all I had. Didn't even make a starter. Well... It ended up being one of the nicest beers I've ever brewed. Go figure!

When it was just about done fermenting I racked it on top of 6lbs of blueberry puree and let it sit for another couple of weeks. (There was some additional fermentation activity going on for a few days.)

Racked it off the puree into a keg with 2oz of Brewers Best blueberry extract and set to 12psi @ 38 degrees. A week later it still isn't fully carbed but tastes amazing! Crystal clear with a nice blue/purple color. Points with SWMBO for sure!:mug:

Latest posts

Back