FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yooper Chick said:
Should we have a friendly little wager? Winner picks the loser's team name for the week.

I was going to suggest loser has to send winner a naked picture, but I'll go with your tamer version.

This is all just "file it away for next year," not bitchin' at you, Rd - but picks ought to be a loss of at least 2 points, like they were last year.

How could you possibly pick a name for Cheese' team that would be more degrading than the ones he has picked for himself? ;)

I'm not bettin anybody this week. I am soooo gonna get slaughtered. More than half of my team has a bye. Ugh.

Bernie Brewer said:
I'm not bettin anybody this week. I am soooo gonna get slaughtered. More than half of my team has a bye. Ugh.

Yeah, well it's so hard to feel sorry for you! You've been killing us all along- it's time you see what it feels like!

olllllo said:
Why does the last place team in record and rating have to wait to clear waivers.

WTF?

Did you really draft Trent Green? You know he got knocked da f' out last week, right?

News and Notes
Oct 8 Green's concussion was diagnosed as grade three, the most severe. He's out for this weekend's game at Cleveland and his career could be over. Advice: The Miami quarterback is undergoing more tests. "I don't think we really know the full extent, because there are some ongoing tests," coach Cam Cameron said. "Right now I just think there are too many unknowns." Cleo Lemon will start on Sunday.

If I were compiling a list of things I wish I could have bet on, "Trent Green Getting Knocked Out For The Season With ANOTHER Concussion" would definately be in the top five.

Jay Cutler's available....

Cheesefood said:
Did you really draft Trent Green? You know he got knocked da f' out last week, right?

**** that's right. Knocked out and taunted unconcious.

Please don't add to my posts. I didn't put in that last line.

Cheesefood said:

Sorry, those buttons are real close to each other in this mod interface.
To reiterate:

the_bird (or guy that inherited his team and is riding Moss and Favre): Thanks for offering up your bye week QB. Who would you like? I've dropped all of my valueless players.

olllllo said:

Had you been anyone else, I'd have gladly let you ride that ConCus Bus all the way, but I can't let a fellow lasty take that hit.

get a new QB. Someone, lend ollllllo a QB???

OK. Battery died at the bar.
Back at work now.

As I was posting at the bar...
I'm trying to get a legal team. Yahoo Fantasy is blocked at work and my TOR connection/proxy is slow as hell here. So. I don't have a big window to TCB with thr FF stuff.

I'm traveling FRI. SAT- GABF.

The waiver is for a different player. Again why for a last place team?

Thanks Cheese, I woulda caught it eventually, probably Sunday. Now I have to interrupt my Halloween decoration tonite to fix my GD roster.

Yooper Chick said:
Yeah, well it's so hard to feel sorry for you! You've been killing us all along- it's time you see what it feels like!

Huh??? I'm only 3-2. That's hardly a worldbeater. Can't you feel bad for me even a little bit???:(

Cheesefood said:
Ha ha ha. Thanks for the counter offer, jackass.

Dude. You seriously expected me to downgrade from Randy Moss to Braylon Edwards, and offer me a tight end to make up the difference - WHEN I ALREADY HAVE ANTONIO FREAKIN' GATES?

Uh, no. Edward's is having a great season and all, but I think I'll stick with the guy having Brady toss him the ball, not Derek Anderson.

You know that prior to last week, Brady had throw 34 passes to Moss, and they'd completed 31 of them? Un-freakin' believable.

EDIT: I can't believe Boston gave you LT (who's about to bust out) for Philip Rivers (pretty good) and New England's D (Houston and Buffalo, both free agents, have more fantasy points this year). Classic trade, two dimes for a silver dollar.

Bernie Brewer said:
Huh??? I'm only 3-2. That's hardly a worldbeater. Can't you feel bad for me even a little bit???:(

Oh, ok. A little bit. :mug:

I am deep in mediocrity here. My team isn't bad enough to actually get rid of most of them, but they aren't any good either. At least I'm still alive one more week in the Survivor league.

F you, I got tired of waiting for LT to crank out his weekly 34 points. It ain't gonna happen.

the_bird said:
EDIT: I can't believe Boston gave you LT (who's about to bust out) for Philip Rivers (pretty good) and New England's D (Houston and Buffalo, both free agents, have more fantasy points this year). Classic trade, two dimes for a silver dollar.

Jesus, bro, I would have taken him off your hands! Anyone on my damn roster could have been yours... wouldn't you have liked Randy Moss?

You moved LT? I would have advertised. You probably could have really made out big.

Yeah, you wanna know how many times I checked to make sure no one voted against the trade?

LT ain't gonna go down like a chump. P Rivers and NE DEF were a bargain for LT.

Thanks for the trade!

Bird, now you see why I offered you those players for Moss. I was high on my good trade.

I voted against the trade. I don't know how many voted you need to veto a trade, though.

Why don't you go smoke up and accept my offer. C'mon - it's MATT FREAKIN' STOVER, baby!

the_bird said:
I voted against the trade. I don't know how many voted you need to veto a trade, though.

Why don't you go smoke up and accept my offer. C'mon - it's MATT FREAKIN' STOVER, baby!

For the Number 2 TE and the soon to be #1 WR???

Cheesefood said:
Yoops, you ready for some spankering this weekend? My team is teh schizzle.

Oh, I'm ready. I'm already wondering what kind of sick team name I'll have after this week..................................

All I can hope is that Tony Romo throws well (even though those 5 INTS didn't hurt me last week) and that Shaun Alexander actually makes a couple of carries that go more than 3 yards.

the_bird said:
Where's Boston at?

Traded LT.

Dropped Wes Welker.

Nice.

He's in self destruct mode.

What the hell is wrong with Maroney? thought he was supposed to play today :mad:

Thanks Boston!

LT is my man. 2 tuddy's today. Mmmm...sho is good!!!

Anyone got suggestions for Yoops name? I have a couple in mind.

Cheesefood said:
Thanks Boston!

LT is my man. 2 tuddy's today. Mmmm...sho is good!!!

Anyone got suggestions for Yoops name? I have a couple in mind.

I think you should use part of your old name - perhaps Bukkake Princess

...or The Donkey Punching Bukkake ATM Fecalfeliacs

WTF is up with Bernie's Gippers this weekend? There isn't even a complete team on the field.

Scores going into the late game:

screen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back