FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're up by like ten points, but I still have Kevin Curtis and Randy Moss to play. Basically, one touchdown and you're shot.

With 2 games left:

636-Image2.jpg

Man, I suck this week. Got booted from survival, getting destroyed in FFB and got humiliated in my pick-em league. Hope this trend doesn't continue.

Here are the scores going into the Monday night game.

The Spitters have Palmer and Houshmandzadeh left to play.

The Rottens have Maroney left to play.

The Gipper has Watson left to play.
The Drunkies have Ocho Cinco and Gostkowski left to play.

The Heroes have Moss left to play.

The Teddy Bears have Welker left to play, but are already winning.

Bukkakesaurus has Brady and NE DEF left to play.

screen.jpg

What... no Maroney tonight?

:)

and before you say anything about Rudi.... he hasn't produced squat this year, and hit backup looked great last week. I consider is a plus that Rudi is out.

rdwj said:
Good lord, I'm going to finish <50. That's just embarrassing

I want to apologize to all of my fans for scoring less than 100 points this week. I'll do better next time.

Yooper Chick said:
I got two good ones, but that's the only good thing I have. I'd give you one (Matt Schaub) for a really good RB or WR or TE.

Yoop - I'm ok at WR and RB. Anything you're interested in?

the_Bird said:
Want Jay Cutler?

I've got Favre, too, but that'll take a pretty compelling offer... I could definately use another RB

I've only got one decent RB so I can't spare him. I've got some pretty decent WR, though. But it's got to be a decent offer.

Wow.

Going for it on fourth down, inside the 10?

That's just a big ol' "F*ck you, we're better than you" call.

DAMN!

Boy, Walker, guess I was REALLY being a homer when I suggested that the Pats ought to have been more than a seven point favorites... too bad, they couldn't quite win by thirty.

Tell you what, I'll give you a choice; you can either put up an avatar of Belichick for a week (I still have to pick one out), or you can shut yer trap about "spygate" for the rest of the year, and accept that the Pats are too big, too strong, too tough, and too smart for your boys.

the_bird said:
Tell you what, I'll give you a choice; you can either put up an avatar of Belichick for a week (I still have to pick one out), or you can shut yer trap about "spygate" for the rest of the year.

I don't get your logic. The team gets busted cheating, and you think that their winning somehow makes that not matter? The more they win, the more I'm going to bring up the cheating. :)

I'll be waiting for the Belicheat pic.

-walker

If you choose the avatar, this is a nice one...

X66I.jpg

Or, you could go classic...

bill_belichick.jpg

4207519194f4d-62-1.jpg

BTW - your team, as with everyone else this year, simply got their asses handed to them. There ain't no cheating involved there. Lining up on fourth and one in a power formation, then running for the TD? There's no cheating, that's just a team that - at least for the first four weeks of the season - is simply tougher.

How 'bour cut blocks, aren't those cheating, too? Seems that Cinci got called for one of those...

And I've GOT to love coming out at the beginning of the 4th quarter with twelve guys on the field... absolutely brilliant. We must have had some ventriloquist in the stands who told some backup linebacker to get out on the field :rolleyes:

It's your pick. Pretty boy pansy or shifty cheater... makes no difference to me.

Final scores for this week:

screen.jpg

the_bird said:
BTW - your team, as with everyone else this year, simply got their asses handed to them. There ain't no cheating involved there. Lining up on fourth and one in a power formation, then running for the TD? There's no cheating, that's just a team that - at least for the first four weeks of the season - is simply tougher.

I'll give you "smart" here, but not "tougher". It was no secret that we were way short on linebackers. Hell, I would have just run the ball all night against the Bengals.

the_bird said:
How 'bour cut blocks, aren't those cheating, too? Seems that Cinci got called for one of those...
You kill me. You equate a bad block to years and YEARS of illegal activity. Wow...

the_bird said:
And I've GOT to love coming out at the beginning of the 4th quarter with twelve guys on the field... absolutely brilliant.

Our "12 man D" was the only signal that we knew the Pats wouldn't know already. :rockin:

Whatever... :rolleyes: Not like we were missing Richard Seamour or anything... or that we won a title with TROY BROWN playing defensive back. Good teams deal.

First team since 1920 to win its first four games by at least 20 points... I'll enjoy that ;)

I'm done.

Come on east-coasters. It's only 12:10a over there; you can keep trash talking a little while longer. I'm enjoying the show. And sleep is over-rated anyways.

BTW, you can go with Belichick being doused; it's such a shame that his players have become so out of control and selfish, clearly not having any respect for the coaching staff. Oh, wait, I'm sorry, that's the Bengals, isn't it? :confused:

I'll see you in a week, when you come out of hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back